Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Izo and 7Hina, would you know (or anybody else that's reading this), what might be causing the "Code: 92 Detect HDD" error? Let me know what you can, because my machine won't start using the new 6900 XT. Now when I put the VII card back in, everything starts and works. So I'm wondering what it is about the 6900 that might be triggering this and stopping it at the startup screen? Again, ANY input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
First of all, don't edit your config.plist in text editor since the possibility to mess it up is super high! Just use a plist editor like this: https://github.com/corpnewt/ProperTree

Is your 6900XT a reference card or AIB one? I suggest you to totally delete WEG in config.plist and delete it from kext folder too.

Excluding WEG and related, VII to 6900 should be as simple as switching the card itself. If not, I think you may have a non reference card (which are know to be messy with VBIOSes sometimes and we have poor info on various AIB cards for RDNA2 at the moment)

Would be useful to also lock the PCIe slot to 3.0 x16 and to exclude Resizable BAR in BIOS

@CaseySJ

Did I understand you correctly: you took this firmware
Screenshot.png

and flashed it onto GC-Titan Ridge v1.0? And everything works fine?

Hey everyone, I finally got the 6900 card today and needed to find out where I put the "Enable = false" in this section of the config.plist file:

Current setup:
<dict>
<key>BundlePath</key>
<string>WhateverGreen.kext</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string></string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>
<key>ExecutablePath</key>
<string>Contents/MacOS/WhateverGreen</string>
<key>MaxKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>MinKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>PlistPath</key>
<string>Contents/Info.plist</string>

Do I input the information like this?

<string></string>
<key>Enable = false</key>
<true/>

Or is it supposed to be input like this?

<string></string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<false/>

I'm thinking it should be setup like this. Please let me know what you can, thank you.

Did you add to boot-args: agdpmod=pikera

You need that flag with Navi and Big Navi.

When you mean force power do you mean the power mod? I have done that already, I can always remove it and figure out a way to bring it back to SLOT2.

I can re-route the liquid stuff. I might have to talk to EKWB and get their thinner water block I kind of like having the GPU in SLOT1, just looks way better. Or I'll just put the GPU in a different x16 slot and reroute the tubes.

Yes, for a non-Slot 2 that would be shorting the 3+5 pin on the header. I've done a fair amount of messing with dual TR on SAGE/10G and the second card is always a bit problematic, including that freezing issue you noted. I could get the card to show properly in IOreg, but it didn't help stability.

I know first-hand how much of a pain it will be to re-route your liquid cooling, but I would really recommend that. It's a physical solution that will allow you to use the default TB method that we all know works (fairly) reliably. I thought there were single slot water cooled 6900 XT's? Are those only the OEM ones, and not aftermarket blocks?

Hey Izo and 7Hina, would you know (or anybody else that's reading this), what might be causing the "Code: 92 Detect HDD" error? Let me know what you can, because my machine won't start using the new 6900 XT. Now when I put the VII card back in, everything starts and works. So I'm wondering what it is about the 6900 that might be triggering this and stopping it at the startup screen? Again, ANY input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Hello, connect your radeon vii, enter the system and open the config.plist with Propertree, once open, delete the extension "whatevergeen" and delete the argument "agpdm = pikera" (with SMBios Mac Pro 7,1) now in Propper, key sequence "Control + Command + Shift + R" (Proper needs this sequence when you delete a file from the efi) select the OC folder of your efi and then save the config.plist, if this does not work tell me and I publish my EFI, I have the same board, I have tried with AMD 6900XT (reference) and Sapphire Nitro 6900XT, both working without problems

Hello, connect your radeon vii, enter the system and open the config.plist with Propertree, once open, delete the extension "whatevergeen" and delete the argument "agpdm = pikera" (with SMBios Mac Pro 7,1) now in Propper, key sequence "Control + Command + Shift + R" (Proper needs this sequence when you delete a file from the efi) select the OC folder of your efi and then save the config.plist, if this does not work tell me and I publish my EFI, I have the same board, I have tried with AMD 6900XT (reference) and Sapphire Nitro 6900XT, both working without problems
Thank you I will try that. Do you know where I would find the "argument" "agpdm = pikera"? Also (just in case), is it possible to provide your EFI as well? Thank you so much for your help!

First of all, don't edit your config.plist in text editor since the possibility to mess it up is super high! Just use a plist editor like this: https://github.com/corpnewt/ProperTree

Is your 6900XT a reference card or AIB one? I suggest you to totally delete WEG in config.plist and delete it from kext folder too.

Excluding WEG and related, VII to 6900 should be as simple as switching the card itself. If not, I think you may have a non reference card (which are know to be messy with VBIOSes sometimes and we have poor info on various AIB cards for RDNA2 at the moment)

Would be useful to also lock the PCIe slot to 3.0 x16 and to exclude Resizable BAR in BIOS
The card is just a regular AMD 6900 XT. I will try this as well. Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Hi WoodCabin, thanks for the detailed info, but it didn't work for me. I tried to open up the config.plist with ProperTree and it said: Incorrect Padding. I tried to research it, but nothing worked.

I would be very grateful if you could provide your EFI Folder please. Also, I see in your signature you have "3105." Is that the BIOS you're currently using? Let me know. Thanks again, for your help.

Last edited:
Hi WoodCabin, thanks for the detailed info, but it didn't work for me. I tried to open up the config.plist with ProperTree and it said: Incorrect Padding. I tried to research it, but nothing worked.

I would be very grateful if you could provide your EFI Folder please. Also, I see in your signature you have "3105." Is that the BIOS you're currently using? Let me know. Thanks again, for your help.

Use PlistEdit Pro to edit .plist files, not a text editor like BBEdit or TextEdit.

Try not to use Xcode, lately it's been funky with plists.

Hello again, my configuration is based on the 3105 bios.

Captura de pantalla 2021-06-18 a las 11.50.39.png

Captura de pantalla 2021-06-18 a las 12.10.44.png

Slot 1: Sapphire Nitro + 6900XT
Slot 2: Covered by the graph
Slot 3: Covered by the graph
Slot 4: Asus card for 4 NVME disks
Slot 5: Wifi & Bluetooth Card
Slot 6: Gigabyte Titan Ridge v1 (no flash)

I am attaching my EFI folder, you just have to fill in the data marked "CHANGE" and the content of the "ROM" section

Captura de pantalla 2021-06-18 a las 12.32.25.png

As you can see, my Thunderbolt card is in slot 6, if you want to use it in this slot, you will have to change the settings in the BIOS and then add the SSDT attached to the EFI / OC / ACPI folder after adding the SSDT, remember open the config.plist and use CONTROL + COMMAND + SHIFT + R, it will ask for the OC folder, point to it and then save the config.plist, this is done every time you change, move, remove or add a file in your EFI folder ( at least with ProperTree-Master) This also applies to the WiFI & Bluetooth card in slot 5, same process as in tb3

I do not have much knowledge in Hackintosh but I have done what I could, in what I can help you I will help you, I do not have much time because the work absorbs me a lot, but count on me, it took me a world to go from Clover to OC and I give thanks to many of the users here because if they would have been impossible.

Finally, I would also like to know if I have anything strange in my EFI, any leftover files, that I have to change or remove, thanks again.

P.D. I have left the EFI folder ready for you so that you only have to modify the data that I mentioned before, you tell me.

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-ARPT.aml
    394 bytes · Views: 33
  • SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml
    6.2 KB · Views: 32
  • EFI.zip
    10.1 MB · Views: 51
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back