Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you use ASUS r6e encore mainboard? I found currently you use ASUS Pro WS X299 Sage II.

I returned it since I was having issues but my efi on my GitHub should still work.

Anyone get a dash in opencore menu when Rebooting sometimes? A hard reset brings it back to normal.

Anyone get a dash in opencore menu when Rebooting sometimes? A hard reset brings it back to normal.
Me too, I'm starting to hate these little things. Can't wait for the new shiny mac mini with M1X

Me too, I'm starting to hate these little things. Can't wait for the new shiny mac mini with M1X

Tell me about it. I'm tired too.

I was so close to getting a base Mac Pro and upgrading the CPU myself, but then Apple announced a M-Mac transition (which was inevitable anyway).

I will definitely get an iMac 27" (or maybe 32" if they do it) with a M1X (rumored) and in 2022 get a Mac Pro if they have it.

I will then build an SFFPC just for Windows and mount it under my desk for those rare occasions I want to game (once in a blue moon).

Macs are for work for me, not entertainment.

Also Adobe is moving fast with all their apps to M-Macs so I'm happy about that.

Tell me about it. I'm tired too.

I was so close to getting a base Mac Pro and upgrading the CPU myself, but then Apple announced a M-Mac transition (which was inevitable anyway).

I will definitely get an iMac 27" (or maybe 32" if they do it) with a M1X (rumored) and in 2022 get a Mac Pro if they have it.

I will then build an SFFPC just for Windows and mount it under my desk for those rare occasions I want to game (once in a blue moon).

Macs are for work for me, not entertainment.

Also Adobe is moving fast with all their apps to M-Macs so I'm happy about that.

This involves a huge outlay of money to ultimately have less powerful hardware than a high-end hackintosh.

This involves a huge outlay of money to ultimately have less powerful hardware than a high-end hackintosh.

intel is done for Apple. What’s your other choice?

Yeah, I see this semi-regularly as well. I can trigger it by manually selecting the startup disk in the Startup Disk system preferences, and clicking the Reboot button — happens every time I do that.

Also when installing system updates.

Same fix: turn the machine off at the wall (although then my bluetooth doesn't come up until I've booted once, and rebooted again).

I'm done with this when the Pro series Apple Silicon machines are available :(

Yeah, I see this semi-regularly as well. I can trigger it by manually selecting the startup disk in the Startup Disk system preferences, and clicking the Reboot button — happens every time I do that.

Also when installing system updates.

Same fix: turn the machine off at the wall (although then my bluetooth doesn't come up until I've booted once, and rebooted again).

I'm done with this when the Pro series Apple Silicon machines are available :(
Can say with 100% confidence the MBP 13 M1 is fast and better than the 16. All my hacks don't compare outside the very top end ones on the GPU side. I have had more and more difficulty with Catalina on and decided it's time to move to Apple Silicon.

Was going to jump full in with x299 but changed my mind reading this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back