Contribute
Register

X299 Big Sur Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have the ASMedia kext?

This possibly fixed the issue, tried rebooting a few times and no underscores anymore thanks!

@pieropontra try this kext it should fix your underscore issue.

Vit from OpenCore mentioned this is related to ASMedia and not OpenCore.

This possibly fixed the issue, tried rebooting a few times and no underscores anymore thanks!

@pieropontra try this kext it should fix your underscore issue.

Vit from OpenCore mentioned this is related to ASMedia and not OpenCore.
Done! :clap:

Unfortunately it hasn't solved my usb audio issues :banghead:

Done! :clap:

Unfortunately it hasn't solved my usb audio issues :banghead:
Does it make any difference which USB ports you have it plugged into? I'm wondering, does it work ok if plugged into one of your case front panel ports rather than the rear ports?

Do you have a full USBmap.kext and motherboard drawings that show how its mapped by any chance?

Does it make any difference which USB ports you have it plugged into? I'm wondering, does it work ok if plugged into one of your case front panel ports rather than the rear ports?

Do you have a full USBmap.kext and motherboard drawings that show how its mapped by any chance?
I mapped for usb 2.0 just the actual 2.0 rear ports, all the rest is 3.x and I've done so to stay within the 15 port limit since my audio interface is the only usb 2.0 device I got.

I got a Prime X299-A and I tried both usb 2.0 ports.

Bug was introduced with 11.1, prior everything was smooth and I had the same map kext

I mapped for usb 2.0 just the actual 2.0 rear ports, all the rest is 3.x and I've done so to stay within the 15 port limit since my audio interface is the only usb 2.0 device I got.

Bug was introduced with 11.1, prior everything was smooth and I had the same map kext

Sorry forgot what your USB audio issue was. What was it again?

If it can be solved with an additional USB PCIe card that might be helpful, but not sure of the overall issue.

Sorry forgot what your USB audio issue was. What was it again?

If it can be solved with an additional USB PCIe card that might be helpful, but not sure of the overall issue.
Basically, with the introduction of Big Sur 11.1, my USB Audio interface started cracking and stuttering. Every time it crackles, console shows a bunch of this error:

coreaudiod hals_ioa1engine::endwriting: got an error from the kernel trap, error: 0xe00002d7

Srangely, everything is nice and smooth with usb audio while an H264/AVC video is playin even in other apps, basically playin a video solves the problem while still playin. Doesn't work with other codecs like VP9 or HEVC.

Started with 11.1 and I pretty much tried everything: different port, remapping usb, xhci port limit patch, serial port disabling, and some other stuff I can't even remember.

watts to usb is ok, so that's not a problem with energy delivered to the usb card

The only thing I haven't tried is a different GPU (due to the video playback stuff), but I got no spare card and now I don't wanna pay 500 euros for a 5500 XT, I can't just order one end return it because Amazon is just "empty" in Italy at the moment.

I can't wait to dump this system and get a proper mac, I'm tired to run after problems, just when you think all is good (11.0) something breaks your system with no clues (11.1). Sorry for this outburst. I am unable to check IOReg and similar stuff, I'm not that into hackintoshing :) Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

Basically, with the introduction of Big Sur 11.1, my USB Audio interface started cracking and stuttering. Every time it crackles, console shows a bunch of this error:

coreaudiod hals_ioa1engine::endwriting: got an error from the kernel trap, error: 0xe00002d7

Srangely, everything is nice and smooth with usb audio while an H264/AVC video is playin even in other apps, basically playin a video solves the problem while still playin. Doesn't work with other codecs like VP9 or HEVC.

Started with 11.1 and I pretty much tried everything: different port, remapping usb, xhci port limit patch, serial port disabling, and some other stuff I can't even remember.

watts to usb is ok, so that's not a problem with energy delivered to the usb card

The only thing I haven't tried is a different GPU (due to the video playback stuff), but I got no spare card and now I don't wanna pay 500 euros for a 5500 XT, I can't just order one end return it because Amazon is just "empty" in Italy at the moment.

I can't wait to dump this system and get a proper mac, I'm tired to run after problems, just when you think all is good (11.0) something breaks your system with no clues (11.1). Sorry for this outburst. I am unable to check IOReg and similar stuff, I'm not that into hackintoshing :) Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

I remember crackling sound with DisplayPort and Vega, and I think swapping the Display and Vega helped solved my issues, but yours is USB related so take this with a grain of salt.

What kind of Audio interface are you running? Is it possible to try another one? Also have you tried different USB cables? I know I know, probably won't help but worth a try and I'm sure you have tried that already.

Also maybe another slot for the GPU? What about just getting another PCIe USB card and trying that? Maybe a USB 3.2 GEN 2 one?

This is the card I use for USB expansion (front ports)

And agreed with the constant issues haha, I'm just going to hang on until a iMac M1X is out. But my issues are bigger because I will lose a lot of plugin support in After Effects (which is half baked on M1 right now) so I need to wait 6-12 months at least for Adobe to get their stuff together and I honestly don't want to "beta test" for them.

Last edited:

Is the usb audio device powered solely by usb? Just suspecting a usb power issue, sounds like when an input device doesn’t get enough power and you get random glitchy input. I’m just kind of thinking out loud but that could still be software related hence introduction at 11.1 etc not sure if there’s any way to test that but I’d be tempted to put it on a front panel port so it’s on a dedicated m/b header and see if it makes any difference or failing that, see if there’s any difference with powered usb hub - might help point in the right direction if there’s any difference in behaviour.

Is the usb audio device powered solely by usb? Just suspecting a usb power issue, sounds like when an input device doesn’t get enough power and you get random glitchy input. I’m just kind of thinking out loud but that could still be software related hence introduction at 11.1 etc not sure if there’s any way to test that but I’d be tempted to put it on a front panel port so it’s on a dedicated m/b header and see if it makes any difference or failing that, see if there’s any difference with powered usb hub - might help point in the right direction if there’s any difference in behaviour.

edit: forget that - covered in all the other posts while writing this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back