Contribute
Register

World of Warcraft performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
larryfine said:
Thanks for the reply....i failed to elaborate on the graphics card. Its a NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT.

Thanks...

GraphicsEnabler=y in boot.plist should enable full GFX acceleration.

Hi! I'm totally new on this hackintosh World. So, my iMac5,1 i'ts about to die, replacing the parts is not an option. And I think i don't want to buy a new iMac. To make things short: I want to give it a try hackintosh, I neet to run Adobe CS5 suite, Final Cut, Toon Boom, Zbrush, and Maya. BUT I'm a WoWtard (the only video game I play actually), so, these are the parts I'm going to use for my Hackintosh, and I need some guidance to know if WoW (and the other programs) Will run OK:

Specs:

MB Gigabyte, Z68
CPU i7 2600K, 8 mb cache.
2 M.M DDR3 4 gb.
Graphics nVidia GTX 460, 1024 mb.

Thank you ^^

McMage said:
Hi! I'm totally new on this hackintosh World. So, my iMac5,1 i'ts about to die, replacing the parts is not an option. And I think i don't want to buy a new iMac. To make things short: I want to give it a try hackintosh, I neet to run Adobe CS5 suite, Final Cut, Toon Boom, Zbrush, and Maya. BUT I'm a WoWtard (the only video game I play actually), so, these are the parts I'm going to use for my Hackintosh, and I need some guidance to know if WoW (and the other programs) Will run OK:

Specs:

MB Gigabyte, Z68
2 M.M DDR3 4 gb.

Thank you ^^

No, they won't run ok, they will run blazingly fast!!!! I am 99.9999% positive that the DSDT for your Z68 mobo will be in the database. You should have no problems whatsoever running any application in OS X. :p

Bansaku said:
McMage said:

Specs:

MB Gigabyte, Z68
2 M.M DDR3 4 gb.

Thank you ^^

No, they won't run ok, they will run blazingly fast!!!! I am 99.9999% positive that the DSDT for your Z68 mobo will be in the database. You should have no problems whatsoever running any application in OS X. :p

I concur. WoW isn't a real graphic intense game, so the GTX 460 should be more than enough juice to run it. If you plan on dual booting, running it on Windows would even be better. I personally switch to Windows to play all my games. But i guess to each his own.

I've a problem with WoW on my hackintosh, it's that it recommend me to use fair settings when running OS X with less stable fps,then in windows (it drops very often from 60) but in Windows it recommends good/high with this setup:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68-UD3H-B3
CPU: Intel core i7 2600k
Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX
RAM: 8GB

Is there something I've missed to add/turn on. I've graphics enabler "yes" at least. Would appreiciate as much advice as I can get how to solve this and get the same performance as when running windows :D

I play on a Vanilla server, but I get around 20-25fps with my GMA X3100.

Funny, I only got about 10-15 in Windows. It was borderline unplayable.

Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 4GB of RAM, and OS X is on my spare, 100GB HD. I'm putting it on my main drive later though. :D

Anyone tried playing on the standard suggest Mac Mini build? I am both new to the forums and new to hackintoshing, although I have built a maybe 10 or 12 Windows systems over the years. Just moved and I want to build myself a new system to go along with my new living arrangement.

I have spent an sorry number of hours playing WoW on my MacBook Pro and assume it would run significantly better on a new setup, but the one thing with the Mini build is the built in graphics. Anyone play with it or care to postulate on what type of performance I might see?

philhoeck said:
Anyone tried playing on the standard suggest Mac Mini build? I am both new to the forums and new to hackintoshing, although I have built a maybe 10 or 12 Windows systems over the years. Just moved and I want to build myself a new system to go along with my new living arrangement.

I have spent an sorry number of hours playing WoW on my MacBook Pro and assume it would run significantly better on a new setup, but the one thing with the Mini build is the built in graphics. Anyone play with it or care to postulate on what type of performance I might see?

Not very well I am afraid....depending on the resolution you are using. But overall a low end discreet GPU will out perform any built in graphics. :(

I'm currently running WoW on my hackintosh. Have a GTX 550i and getting well over 70fps on recommended settings. Runs very smooth. Almost prefer running this game under lion than I do windows 7. Seems smoother to me. I have had 0 problems gaming on my hackintosh

When I run WoW my FPS tends to be around 80 fps and sometimes drops to as low as 8 fps, resulting in extreme lagging which makes playing almost impossible (especially as a healer). I also get CPU% spikes all the time while playing, jumping from 30% to sometimes 140%.

My hackintosh is: GA-Z77N-WIFI, i5 3570k, onboard HD4000 (my GT640 also result in the same lag spikes), 8GB ram

Does anyone have an idea why this is happening and how to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back