Contribute
Register

World of Warcraft performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently getting around 60-70 FPS in org, all settings on Ultra except shadows are down to high.

System specs:
Motherboard: Asus P8P67-Pro
CPU: i7 2600k
Video card: Dual Sapphire 6870

I know OSX doesn't utilize more than one video card but I do game on windows now and then.

I can't seem to get AA to enable though, any ideas? Using the duckweed framebuffer.

there's a ATI/driver bug with AA if you have liquid settings set to anything but low or whatever. after you set it to low AA will start to work.

SG- said:
there's a ATI/driver bug with AA if you have liquid settings set to anything but low or whatever. after you set it to low AA will start to work.

Thank you very much! I can almost abandon windows now.

Edit: If only I could figure out why my performance is a lot worse in osx than windows though :(

My only issue with OSx atm is the Mouse speed. I use Windows at work all day then I come home and the curser on my hackintosh has some kind of boost and moves too fast when I want it to move fast, but moves too slow when I slow down for precision clicking.

When i built my original hack i tried Wow, was horrible. I think it was just due to lack of limited experience in setting up and tweaking the Hack. I may give it a whirl again to see how well it performs :ugeek:

I had this hackintosh built for me in large part because i was tired of having to replace macs every few years as the hardware became outdated and unusable for WoW....got this comp about a year ago, and it was working just flat out amazingly.

UNTIL i screwed up last month and did a software update. Long story short, i had to reinstall everything. Now its back to where i want it (more or less), still running Snow Leopard 10.6.8, but every time i try and launch WoW i get this "unable to start up 3D acceleration" prompt. Does anyone have any idea how to remedy this? I'm all ears, and would greatly appreciate any suggestions....

2.93 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1066 MHz DDR3, graphics card is NVIDIA GPU 3MB.

I'm new to this hackintosh world, so i greatly appreciate any and all help...

larryfine said:
2.93 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1066 MHz DDR3, graphics card is NVIDIA GPU 3MB.

I'm new to this hackintosh world, so i greatly appreciate any and all help...

3MB GPU tells me that your graphics card is not being recognized by OS X, and you have no QE/CI (GFX acceleration), hence why WoW will not boot. What is the model of GFX you are using?
Does anybody have any experience with playing WoW on a Mac with TWO monitors? I'd like to play on one monitor, while still doing productive work on another. Will I be able to switch between WoW and another program on my other monitor just by dragging my cursor across the screen? Or will it be like Windows, were I'll have to alt-tab to another App to do that? Ugh, hated multi-monitors on Windows 7

Yes! You can play WoW and have work on the other monitor. I always play WoW and have the my display port via DVI going to my HDTV with Boxee running so the wife can catch up on her shows. And yes, if in full screen Windowed mode, the mouse pointer will move to the next screen. Can be annoying at times. :p

Thanks for the reply....i failed to elaborate on the graphics card. Its a NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT.

Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back