Contribute
Register

World of Warcraft performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am now running an i5-2500k, 8GB DDR3 and dual XFX 5770's. All settings are maxed except shadows on high. Idle I am getting about 110fps average. With shadows on low I get over 150fps.

Now if only I could get the game to span across all three monitors :(

This post is off-topic, however might help someone:

If you are unable to use modifier keys with your MMO mouse (Naga/G600/etc) then execute the following command in Terminal:
defaults write com.blizzard.worldofwarcraft disable-expose-fix -bool YES

If your mouse acceleration is strange then execute the following command using the in-game chat box:
/console useDesktopMouseSpeed 1

Note: I use this in combination with SteerMouse to fully disable OS X's mouse acceleration and mimic Windows' linear mouse movement.

If you want to use function keys (F1-F19) then you will need to disable some of Expose's hotkeys:
  • Open System Preferences, click on Keyboard, and change to the Keyboard Shortcuts tab.
  • Under Display, uncheck Decrease display brightness (F14) and Increase display brightness (F15).
  • Under Mission Control, uncheck Show Desktop (F11) and Show Dashboard (F12).
  • If you're using a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Mac Edition, enable gaming mode (FN + F13) to be able to directly use keys without holding the fn key.

I am seeing excellent performance in WoW MoP. My current hackintosh is a i5 3330 with a GA-Z77-DS3H mobo, evga 9800GT 1GB, and 16gigs of DDR 3 ram. I was having some issue with my 550ti and random lock ups so I reverted to the old 9800GT. I do raid quite often and am seeing on average 40-50fps in most 25mans. I also have an intel SSD which also helps quite a bit. I think the build you have would run wow quite well. I do run my settings on high@1680x1050 resolution. Update I am now using an asus GTX 650 all settings on high never seeing anything below 50fps even in 25 man raids

I have the same problem with this MOBO, even with a Geforce GTX 660 TI :(
If anyone could help to find a solution or just an idea of where the problem is
Thanks in advance

I know this is old, but I have the same MOBO as well and the same issues. Was anyone ever able to solve this?

Oddly enough wow MoP plays pretty bad for me, low fps and stuttering even in empty locations and low settings. Wow 3.3.5 (WOTLK) plays very smooth, maxed out settings 150+ fps on private servers.

Got an i7 4770k @ 4.3 ghz and GTX 780 3GB. 16GB system memory

Tried numerous times to increase performance in os x but I always end up playing retail in windows instead :/

try using your onboard graphic instead of gtx 780 and tell us if performance increased...

i know that intel HD 4600 is by far weaker than gtx 780, but i tried it in the beginning with hd4600 graphics and was able to play wow on low-mid settings fluently.

maybe your gpu is not supported yet..

few weeks ago i put in a gt640 with much better performance. i'm now playing on good-high details in 25-raids with min. fps 30-40

please keep me postet, friend of mine is buying new hardware soon, including gtx 780

Figured I'd chime in with some gameplay on a GTX 970 @ 1920x1080 resolution.

I am getting around 90-95 fps with everything at highest settings, everything. Lowest I've seen is 82 fps in AV during a crazy bridge fight.

Looking forward to a 34UC97 monitor and seeing how it plays at 3440x1440.

Pretty awesome, quite the step up in performance from my 17" Macbook Pro (2009), which was finding it hard to play at all anymore. Nearly 6 years out of that laptop though, and with an upgrade to its ram and an SSD its still got a lot of life left in it for less taxing usage.

i7 4790k GTX 770 SC and I noticed that if I play the game in Fullscreen mode, my FPS holds steady in the 80-90 fps...If i try to play in Fullscreen(windowed) I get FPS drops to 8-10. My solution? play in full screen mode lol

Are you running under El Capitan? If so, try quitting the Battle.net launcher (you can set it to do this automatically) when you launch WoW. There is a documented bug with the launcher (and pretty much any other browser or app that uses Flash) that is killing framerates when running in fullscreen windowed mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back