Contribute
Register

Won't Wake from Sleep and Reboots with Radeon RX 480/580

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could attach a beer or two to this post. @macnb it's working fantastic. Boot's fast, sleeps fast, and recovers well from sleep and Siri and iMessage all a go. Power seems to be working very well it just idles along. Might be my imagination, but it appears that the UI is a lot more responsive, apps opening faster etc.
Cool. Well done.

I noticed that in the System Information app, my graphics card is now saying: "Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily1 v3"... I guess this means that the GPU is now fully supporting the Apple Metal V3 (latest) driver?
Correct.

I of course had to setup new serial numbers etc (or I did anyway because I wasn't sure if I could use my old ones with the new 13,2 spec.), but I had trouble with my WiFi/Bluetooth card, (Broadcom BCM94360CD 802.11ac), which caused me lots of headaches. I noticed that I didn't have Bluetooth, and even the DPCIManager app couldn't see it, I ignored it, and I was updating my iPhone 7+ when the network kept on disconnecting. Long story short was I had to do a factory re-install of the phone as it corrupted the install, (I had backed up prior to doing the update!). All's good now, I'm running on a older TP-LINK card ATM. I think the firmware is not right for Australian frequency spectrum.... to be continued...

Sorry this is of topic... I'll investigate it further and start a new thread...
Possibly USB issues. I noticed in your last IOREG posting that your USB ports are not named as appropriately for newer macOS in the ACPI. That can be fixed via Clover/ACPI/DSDT/PATCHES. See my comment to @ksong in post #48 and start a new thread with your IOREG.

Thanks again for all of your help, very much appreciated. :clap::headbang:

You're welcome

Use fakepciid stuff. Start new thread with your IOREG & clover config.plist
My ioreg & config file&Used driver kext

Attachments

• ksong_ioreg.zip
    967.4 KB · Views: 97
  • ksong_config.plist
    7.6 KB · Views: 277
  • 屏幕快照 2017-12-18 下午4.18.26.png
    屏幕快照 2017-12-18 下午4.18.26.png
    134.4 KB · Views: 147
  • 屏幕快照 2017-12-18 下午4.18.52.png
    屏幕快照 2017-12-18 下午4.18.52.png
    114.4 KB · Views: 148

Attachments

• usbinjectall.png
    usbinjectall.png
    318.3 KB · Views: 708
Thanks! Just about to go to a early shift at work here in OZ Will try this this afternoon and get back to you. Thanks for your dedication!
I wish I could attach a beer or two to this post. @macnb it's working fantastic. Boot's fast, sleeps fast, and recovers well from sleep and Siri and iMessage all a go. Power seems to be working very well it just idles along. Might be my imagination, but it appears that the UI is a lot more responsive, apps opening faster etc.

I noticed that in the System Information app, my graphics card is now saying: "
Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily1 v3"... I guess this means that the GPU is now fully supporting the Apple Metal V3 (latest) driver?

I of course had to setup new serial numbers etc (or I did anyway because I wasn't sure if I could use my old ones with the new 13,2 spec.), but I had trouble with my WiFi/Bluetooth card, (Broadcom BCM94360CD 802.11ac), which caused me lots of headaches. I noticed that I didn't have Bluetooth, and even the DPCIManager app couldn't see it, I ignored it, and I was updating my iPhone 7+ when the network kept on disconnecting. Long story short was I had to do a factory re-install of the phone as it corrupted the install, (I had backed up prior to doing the update!). All's good now, I'm running on a older TP-LINK card ATM. I think the firmware is not right for Australian frequency spectrum.... to be continued...

Sorry this is of topic... I'll investigate it further and start a new thread...

I'm of to bed now as have a 5AM start, but do you want any further files eg IOReg, Config.plist etc.

Thanks again for all of your help, very much appreciated. :clap::headbang:

I think you should Renaming EHCx->EH0x in config
Item 1:
Comment: change EHC1 to EH01
Find: <45484331>
Replace: <45483031>

Item 2:
Comment: change EHC2 to EH02
Find: <45484332>
Replace: <45483032>

You're welcome.
Hi,Macnb.
I buy the new Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX580 OC 8 GB and try to use ssdt-hotpatch replace the DSDT ,everything is ok, but the Graphics.

1、Use ssdthack+ssdt580 injectati=true fb=Orinoco,without RadeonDeinit,after boot ,the screen freeze after boot。
2、Use ssdthack+ssdt580+RadeonDeinit,injectati=false don't choose fb,works well,support macOS GPUFamily1 v3

have any idea?

BTW: why hdef & Marvell shows ",,,,,,,,,"

Attachments

• SSDT-HACK.aml
    2.7 KB · Views: 134
  • config.plist
    9.8 KB · Views: 256
  • 屏幕快照 2017-12-23 下午7.19.20.png
    屏幕快照 2017-12-23 下午7.19.20.png
    77.3 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Status