Contribute
Register

Won't Wake from Sleep and Reboots with Radeon RX 480/580

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does "both bad" mean ??
What are the physical output ports types on your GPU ?
Thanks for reply, Today I test your ssdt & it works well under My Rx570 ,fb=Orinoco.

hi macnb
Do You use any kext for Usb3.0 works at full speed? I Notice it Works at 2.0 Speed.

Hi @macnb
  1. ran with your config.plist with verbose on. Got to the "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0" and sat there...
  2. Rebooted without changing anything, same as above but this time the GPU fans went ballistic (high speed) then stopped. No OS
  3. 3rd boot changed to RadeonDeInit=Yes... all back to normal, but no DP sound, didn't try sleep.
I've attached ioreg, bdmesg if thats relevant also config.plist with your mods. Thanks for looking at this for me. System has been running fine all day with no obvious problems.

I reproduced your problem on my system.
The key was to add NewWay_80000000 to the DSDT Fixes to fix the problem on my system.
I added a couple of other fixes to match the iMac devices (IMEI & MCHC).
Also you are using iMac14,2 definition for your system which is not quite right for an i7-3770.
I use iMac13,2 which helps with he correct power management and other things.

See & try the attached config.plist.

Attachments

• jb007-macnb-2-config.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 93
hi macnb
Do You use any kext for Usb3.0 works at full speed? I Notice it Works at 2.0 Speed.
See the guide by @RehabMan here for full understanding of the issue and fixes.

I attach mine (based on SMBIOS definition for iMac13,2).
OFF topic for this thread.

Attachments

• GA-Z77X_USB.kext.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 81
Hi, the AMD9xxxControllerPatcher appears to not allow me to start some applications (they are crashing). I am trying to apply the Shuhung proposed solution, but I have modified my config.plist accordingly with the arbitrary shown options, more over added the SSDT-RX580.aml in CLOVER/ACPI/patched + Lilu.kext & WhateverGreen in /System/Library/Extensions/ (also tried to modify the the name of my XFX AMD Radeon card) but after reboot nothing is changed. What do I miss ? If you can further help me, I would very appreciate.

I do not need the AMD9xxxControllerPatcher as I do not have a problem with sleep or the number of connectors.
I am using MY SSDT-RX580.aml that is specific to MY card. It does the following:
  1. equivalent of DeInit,
  2. Change the Name of my card,
  3. Specify which Framebuffer to use,
  4. Specify the number of ports on the card,
  5. Inject Audio device for HDMI & DP ports on the card.
You should edit and check YOUR SSDT-RX580.aml (using MaciASL) to match your specific card.
Also, if you use an SSDT to inject DeInit then you do NOT need the lily & WEG kexts (though it will help with naming the card).
If nothing changes, then the SSDT you are using is NOT being injected.

My specific SSDT-RX580.aml relies on the discrete GPU already being named GFX0 in ACPI.
If you have done nothing to make sure your ACPI has the external / discrete GPU named GFX0 then the name will not change.
That is normally done via a DSDT.aml or GPU related SSDT or via a DSDT patch in the Clover/DSDT/Patches section. E.g. in my ACPI, the discrete GPU device is called PEGP and I rename it to GFX0 in my DSDT.aml now (I used to use Clover to do it on the fly).

You can also name your card via a Clover/Devices/AddProperties section.

BTW, this thread is about sleep issues with AMD cpu's not naming issues.

I reproduced your problem on my system.
The key was to add NewWay_80000000 to the DSDT Fixes to fix the problem on my system.
I added a couple of other fixes to match the iMac devices (IMEI & MCHC).
Also you are using iMac14,2 definition for your system which is not quite right for an i7-3770.
I use iMac13,2 which helps with he correct power management and other things.

See & try the attached config.plist.
Thanks! Just about to go to a early shift at work here in OZ Will try this this afternoon and get back to you. Thanks for your dedication!

See the guide by @RehabMan here for full understanding of the issue and fixes.

I attach mine (based on SMBIOS definition for iMac13,2).
OFF topic for this thread.
Ok,I see,Thanks for your help again.

Ok,I see,Thanks for your help again.
Once you have read that guide, you will realise that you'll need the attached fakepciid injector kext too.

Attachments

• FakePCIID.zip
    19.9 KB · Views: 76
Thanks! Just about to go to a early shift at work here in OZ Will try this this afternoon and get back to you. Thanks for your dedication!

I wish I could attach a beer or two to this post. @macnb it's working fantastic. Boot's fast, sleeps fast, and recovers well from sleep and Siri and iMessage all a go. Power seems to be working very well it just idles along. Might be my imagination, but it appears that the UI is a lot more responsive, apps opening faster etc.

I noticed that in the System Information app, my graphics card is now saying: "
Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily1 v3"... I guess this means that the GPU is now fully supporting the Apple Metal V3 (latest) driver?

I of course had to setup new serial numbers etc (or I did anyway because I wasn't sure if I could use my old ones with the new 13,2 spec.), but I had trouble with my WiFi/Bluetooth card, (Broadcom BCM94360CD 802.11ac), which caused me lots of headaches. I noticed that I didn't have Bluetooth, and even the DPCIManager app couldn't see it, I ignored it, and I was updating my iPhone 7+ when the network kept on disconnecting. Long story short was I had to do a factory re-install of the phone as it corrupted the install, (I had backed up prior to doing the update!). All's good now, I'm running on a older TP-LINK card ATM. I think the firmware is not right for Australian frequency spectrum.... to be continued...

Sorry this is of topic... I'll investigate it further and start a new thread...

I'm of to bed now as have a 5AM start, but do you want any further files eg IOReg, Config.plist etc.

Thanks again for all of your help, very much appreciated. :clap::headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back