Contribute
Register

Won't Wake from Sleep and Reboots with Radeon RX 480/580

Status
Not open for further replies.
I HAVE GA-Z77X-UP5-TH MB TOO, I wonder Can you share your DSDT file?
Here you go. It was made from Modded BIOS-9 12j. It needs to be used with attached SSDT-0.aml too.

Attachments

• MacNB-DSDT-SSDT-0.zip
    16.6 KB · Views: 96
Here you go. It was made from Modded BIOS-9 12j. It needs to be used with attached SSDT-0.aml too.
thanks a lot! i try this

I had that too because in my DSDT, the integrated GPU was called GFX0 and the external discrete GPU was called PEGP.
So, I created my own DSDT to rename them. But if you do not have a DSDT, you can rename them using clover via DSDT patches. See my attached modified config.list file as an example. Basically, the patch renames GFX0->IGPU and PEGP->GFX0.
put all three patches in and try it.
Also post your IOREG file and I will be able to tell what device names your integrated GPU & discrete GPU are set to.

That will not affect the SSDT but with the SSDT it is not required (as in my config.plist).

Your are almost there. The advantage of SSDT method is that you are more immune to macOS update changes where as kext patchers need to possibly track kext changes.

Thanks for the info, very tired as it's 2:40am here in Melbourne. I'll look further in morning, but attached is my ioreg for your perusal. Thanks again for your help... system is purring along well. Before I went to work I loaded up the CPU cores by entering
yes > /dev/null & in the terminal (8 times) and monitoring via the Intel power meter... no problems. CPU seems to be stepping in a lot more increments than what I remembered it was previously, and idling with lower. power & frequency...

Thanks for your help @macnb! Also I removed the WiFi setting that you used in your Config.plist, as I have a BCM4360 + Bluetooth card that is recognised as an Airport Card. I'll attach my Config.plist (minus serial # also). TIA.

Attachments

• jb007_ioreg.txt.zip
    11.1 KB · Views: 67
  • jb007_config.plist.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 98
My Graphics Crad Is rx570,Works well use lilu + whatevergreen with limit connector by CFG_FB_LIMIT = 0x04. I try ssdt with fb=DAYMAN and Orinoco without lilu+whatergreen .RadeonDeInit = No , Both bad :(
I Think, should Keep Try modify ssdt 。Thanks for your dsdt again。

Shuhung, thanks for your reply, it is working perfect now, sleeps and more importantly wakes up!

I had to put Lilu.kext & WhateverGreen in my /L/S/E folder as putting in my clover did not work. I'm not using RadeonDeinit, its set to 'NO'.

Thank you once again, I now can move on and see if I can use this method to change the 'model' name to what I want. It currently is reporting my card as a 'Radeon Pro 580 8 GB'.
You rock!:clap::headbang:

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately it just does not want to change the ports etc using RadeonDeinit and the AMD9xxxControllerPatcher. I feel I tried every permutation and then some to get it to work!

But I got it to work using shuhung method using Clovers Arbitrary injection method. Yeah!:clap::headbang:

Hi, the AMD9xxxControllerPatcher appears to not allow me to start some applications (they are crashing). I am trying to apply the Shuhung proposed solution, but I have modified my config.plist accordingly with the arbitrary shown options, more over added the SSDT-RX580.aml in CLOVER/ACPI/patched + Lilu.kext & WhateverGreen in /System/Library/Extensions/ (also tried to modify the the name of my XFX AMD Radeon card) but after reboot nothing is changed. What do I miss ? If you can further help me, I would very appreciate.

Thanks for the info, very tired as it's 2:40am here in Melbourne. I'll look further in morning, but attached is my ioreg for your perusal.

Your ioreg hows that your motherboard indeed is using PEGP as the device name for the discrete GPU. BTW, use IoregExplorer.app v 2.1 to send ioreg files as it's easier to view ;)
I modified your config.plist file with the DSDT patches to rename GFX0->IGPU and PEGP->GFX0. I've set RadeonDeInit=No. That should now work with the SSDT-RX580.aml. If it does not (black screen), then reboot and go to Clover->Graphicsenabler and turn on radeondeinit manually and boot (that will override the SSDT) and report back with your ioreg.

Thanks again for your help... system is purring along well. Before I went to work I loaded up the CPU cores by entering yes > /dev/null & in the terminal (8 times) and monitoring via the Intel power meter... no problems. CPU seems to be stepping in a lot more increments than what I remembered it was previously, and idling with lower. power & frequency...
That's because of Clover config.plist turning on XCPM and with proper C-States & P-States :clap:

Thanks for your help @macnb! Also I removed the WiFi setting that you used in your Config.plist, as I have a BCM4360 + Bluetooth card that is recognised as an Airport Card. I'll attach my Config.plist (minus serial # also). TIA.
Huh ? I did not have any WiFi settings in my config.plist NOR do you.

Attachments

• jb007_config-macnb.plist.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 73
I'll give it a try now.

Hi, the AMD9xxxControllerPatcher appears to not allow me to start some applications (they are crashing). I am trying to apply the Shuhung proposed solution, but I have modified my config.plist accordingly with the arbitrary shown options, more over added the SSDT-RX580.aml in CLOVER/ACPI/patched + Lilu.kext & WhateverGreen in /System/Library/Extensions/ (also tried to modify the the name of my XFX AMD Radeon card) but after reboot nothing is changed. What do I miss ? If you can further help me, I would very appreciate.
Post your IOREG file from ioregexplorer_v2.1 app and your config.plist.

if you use SSDT-RX580.aml I did, then you do not need lily & whatevergreen.
Do you have a DSDT.aml file ?

My Graphics Crad Is rx570,Works well use lilu + whatevergreen with limit connector by CFG_FB_LIMIT = 0x04. I try ssdt with fb=DAYMAN and Orinoco without lilu+whatergreen .RadeonDeInit = No , Both bad :(
I Think, should Keep Try modify ssdt 。Thanks for your dsdt again。

What does "both bad" mean ??
What are the physical output ports types on your GPU ?

Hi @macnb
  1. ran with your config.plist with verbose on. Got to the "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0" and sat there...
  2. Rebooted without changing anything, same as above but this time the GPU fans went ballistic (high speed) then stopped. No OS
  3. 3rd boot changed to RadeonDeInit=Yes... all back to normal, but no DP sound, didn't try sleep.
I've attached ioreg, bdmesg if thats relevant also config.plist with your mods. Thanks for looking at this for me. System has been running fine all day with no obvious problems.

Attachments

• jb007_ioreg.zip
    958.9 KB · Views: 69
  • job_bdmesg_using_RadeonDeInit.txt.zip
    7 KB · Views: 70
  • config.plist.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 93
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back