Contribute
Register

Won't Wake from Sleep and Reboots with Radeon RX 480/580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, here is the IOREG. Thanks!

Your AMD card is in the ACPI tables under PCI0/PEG0/GFX0. Which is correct. It's there by default or somehow you are renaming it (need to see your config.plist).
You're using Whatevergreen.kext and it is not setting the Framebuffer to Orinoco but using the default Radeon Framebuffer (nothing wrong with that but the ports may not match your card whereas Orinoco does).
You can force Clover to use Orinoco by adding it to your config.list (FBName, Inject ATI and VideoPorts):
Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 12.17.13.png

Also, with the latest Clover, you do not need Whatevergreen.kext if you set RadeonDeInit=YES in Clover/Graphics (as in example above). But first, change the FBName=Orinoco, Inject ATI=YES & VideoPorts=5 as in the example above.

Patch looks right if your mother has PEGP.
You also need to add kernel flag -disablegfxfirmware to config.plist/Boot/Arguments.

You need to post your IOREG to be able to confirm if that's correct.
I.e. get your system back into a bootable state, run ioregistryexplorer app and save the ioreg file.

So it seems this method worked!-) I don't want to celebrate the day too early, but FCPX runs smoothly and exports became blazing fast. I also got the HEVC encoding available in Compressor, which is great and it works really fast!

I will still try to enable the HEVC encoding on the RX580. It seems complicated to me, but I will give it a try.

So thank You very much for Your support! Big thanks to all who helped me!-)

Your AMD card is in the ACPI tables under PCI0/PEG0/GFX0. Which is correct. It's there by default or somehow you are renaming it (need to see your config.plist).
You're using Whatevergreen.kext and it is not setting the Framebuffer to Orinoco but using the default Radeon Framebuffer (nothing wrong with that but the ports may not match your card whereas Orinoco does).
You can force Clover to use Orinoco by adding it to your config.list (FBName, Inject ATI and VideoPorts):
View attachment 303767

Also, with the latest Clover, you do not need Whatevergreen.kext if you set RadeonDeInit=YES in Clover/Graphics (as in example above). But first, change the FBName=Orinoco, Inject ATI=YES & VideoPorts=5 as in the example above.

OK, so I deleted Whatevergreen and set FBName=Orinoco, Inject ATI=YES & VideoPorts=5 and all seems to work fine.

Thanks!!!

View attachment 303767

I would like to ask You, if You could describe the method of enabling the HEVC encoding on the RX580, if it is possible in short.
The problem of the forums is that the relevant info is spread across many posts and often it is a big chaos.
I don't know how many steps it needs to be done.

I think it would be great to make some kind of cook-book or Wiki from successful builds / installations. The forums are messy and time-consuming, if there is not someone like You, who is willing to help and knows how, which is quite a rare combination.

OK, so I deleted Whatevergreen and set FBName=Orinoco, Inject ATI=YES & VideoPorts=5 and all seems to work fine.

Thanks!!!
You're welcome.

Now the you have deleted whatevergreen kext and using RadeonDeInit, you will find that the name of your AMD card will not be displayed as Radeon 580. This is just cosmetic. You can change this in Clover config.plist under Devices/AddProperties:

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 14.43.04.png

Also, without whatevergreen kext, audio over HDMI ports will be lost. If that is important to you, then you can try adding a Clover Fix in the config.plist : ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/AddHDMI_8000000=YES together with NewWay_80000000=YES:

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 14.51.14.png

Alternative all of the above is to use a custom SSDT to inject RadeonDeInit, Framebuffer name, Card name, number of ports and HDMI audio. That's what I do. Mine is attached. Open it with MaciASL app and check it. It should work on your system. If you wish to use it, let me know how as you need to know if you already have other SSDT's in your Clover EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

Attachments

• MacNB-SSDT-RX580-2.aml.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 136
You're welcome.

Now the you have deleted whatevergreen kext and using RadeonDeInit, you will find that the name of your AMD card will not be displayed as Radeon 580. This is just cosmetic. You can change this in Clover config.plist under Devices/AddProperties:

View attachment 303787

I actually use a ProductID 0x67DF and my card is seen as AMD Radeon RX 580 4 GB.

Also, without whatevergreen kext, audio over HDMI ports will be lost. If that is important to you, then you can try adding a Clover Fix in the config.plist : ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/AddHDMI_8000000=YES together with NewWay_80000000=YES:

View attachment 303790

Alternative all of the above is to use a custom SSDT to inject RadeonDeInit, Framebuffer name, Card name, number of ports and HDMI audio. That's what I do. Mine is attached. Open it with MaciASL app and check it. It should work on your system. If you wish to use it, let me know how as you need to know if you already have other SSDT's in your Clover EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

Well, HDMI audio is not my preference, but who knows - maybe in the future it could be useful.
I would like to test Your SSDT, but I don't know how to use it properly. I already tried to use an SSDT from someone, but I just copied it in the Patched folder and it didn't work. So I don't know what needs to be done more.

You're welcome.

View attachment 303787

View attachment 303790

In the Patched folder I have:
SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml

and I have forgotten to delete the: SSDT-RX580.aml which I wanted to test. I think it doesn't do anything. I don't know how to make this things working.

I would like to ask You, if You could describe the method of enabling the HEVC encoding on the RX580, if it is possible in short.

That was discussed by @shuhung here. Basically he enabled the feature in the driver by adding the key properties via a dummy kext x4250.kext. Please go there and ask questions.

The problem of the forums is that the relevant info is spread across many posts and often it is a big chaos.
I don't know how many steps it needs to be done.

I think it would be great to make some kind of cook-book or Wiki from successful builds / installations. The forums are messy and time-consuming, if there is not someone like You, who is willing to help and knows how, which is quite a rare combination.
Thanks. The problem with forums is that the info gets dispersed as people go OFF TOPIC in a thread. The classic example is this topic !
This thread was started by the OP regarding sleep/wake issues and already it gone off on to 2-3 different topics nothing to do with the original topic. The etiquette is to start you OWN thread seeking helping. I guess people like me do not help by not enforcing the etiquette and continue to respond to pass on the knowledge :). Really, I should have said "that's off-topic so start your own thread" ;)

Regarding cook-books and tutorials, there are many but sometimes we are on bleeding edge of development and methods are always developing. I know enough to be dangerous and not enough to write cook-books:lol:

That was discussed by @shuhung here. Basically he enabled the feature in the driver by adding the key properties via a dummy kext x4250.kext. Please go there and ask questions.

Thanks. The problem with forums is that the info gets dispersed as people go OFF TOPIC in a thread. The classic example is this topic !
This thread was started by the OP regarding sleep/wake issues and already it gone off on to 2-3 different topics nothing to do with the original topic. The etiquette is to start you OWN thread seeking helping. I guess people like me do not help by not enforcing the etiquette and continue to respond to pass on the knowledge :). Really, I should have said "that's off-topic so start your own thread" ;)

Regarding cook-books and tutorials, there are many but sometimes we are on bleeding edge of development and methods are always developing. I know enough to be dangerous and not enough to write cook-books:lol:

I actually started several new threads but I got responses from different people in each thread. Sometimes I created threads where no one responded. So maybe that's the reason why people like me enter in some thread where it looks possible to get a relevant answer.

I actually use a ProductID 0x67DF and my card is seen as AMD Radeon RX 580 4 GB.

Well, HDMI audio is not my preference, but who knows - maybe in the future it could be useful.
I would like to test Your SSDT, but I don't know how to use it properly. I already tried to use an SSDT from someone, but I just copied it in the Patched folder and it didn't work. So I don't know what needs to be done more.
Hmmm. How did you "use a ProductID" ? That is how did you add it ?
What is the exact AMD card you're using ?

Post your latest config.plist & ioreg (one with whatevergreen kext).
Also, post your SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml. Where did you get this SSDT from ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back