Contribute
Register

Won't boot after iTunes/Security update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would/could iTunes/Security Update corrupt BIOS.

As per earlier post, all drives have been disconnected. The last thing I tried was to disconnect the SSD and reset CMOS. No change

Thats nonsense a OS cant corrupt a BIOS. What RAM are you using? is it Haswel Certified? Whats the model of the RAM.

My system has been operating without major issues for the past year.

The current problem occurred after what appeared to be a successful update to Sierra (ie successful boot to desktop).

Only after performing iTunes/Security Update has this problem occurred

My system has been operating without major issues for the past year.

The current problem occurred after what appeared to be a successful update to Sierra (ie successful boot to desktop).

Only after performing iTunes/Security Update has this problem occurred

Hardware can fail anytime need to be prepared. What happens if you just put one stick in? What RAM are you using? need more information without information no one can help.

2x8GB Crucial DDR3 PC 12800.

Upon start-up DRAM LED will flash twice then extinguish (remaining on would indicate a problem accorded to Asus manual)

2x8GB Crucial DDR3 PC 12800.

Upon start-up DRAM LED will flash twice then extinguish (remaining on would indicate a problem accorded to Asus manual)

No help. Need to know what model number your RAM has.

Have you tried to boot with the single RAM as mentioned in Post 15??

Compatibility of hardwares should have to check when deciding to procure. As this was a working configuration earlier, i don't think that suddenly compatibility will make an issue here. If this was the cause, then it should show issues from the beginning of use.

Now it's your call in which way you need to move further.

Last edited:
RAM has been swapped and tried in other slots.

Please keep the RAM which was given output on monitor.

Then attach your OSX SSD/HDD and GFX card. Then check booting.

Note:- Only attach one HDD or SSD where the OS X is installed.

Last edited:
Was I right to conclude that it seems the issue is with the mobo?

When after having had this system up and running successfully, during the course of dismantling my 2011 iMac, I installed and connected the HD. It wouldn't boot beyond the Clover desktop (not a huge surprise) so I just disconnected.

I've just re-connected (and disconnected the Samsung SSD), and am now able to enter BIOS.

Is this of any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back