Contribute
Register

Won't boot after iTunes/Security update

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 224848 No.

This came up when I googled "Reset BIOS". Tried a couple of times with and without battery to no avail.

Remove the CMOS battery.

Then just keep Processor, single RAM, monitor on IGP port and check how the things moving.

I've removed battery, graphics card, and removed 2nd RAM. Connected monitor via mobo HDMI. Now there is no signal at all to display (as in "No signal detected etc")

I've removed battery, graphics card, and removed 2nd RAM. Connected monitor via mobo HDMI. Now there is no signal at all to display (as in "No signal detected etc")

Swap the RAM and slot for checking whether it is the issue with your RAM or the slot.

And make sure that the CMOS reset Jumber changed to normal position.

Thanks

Already swapped RAM, and jumper has been in normal position upon re-starts.

I do now have signal from the mobo HDMI (graphics card now removed).

Stuck at BIOS Splash screen is caused by bad SMART. Disconnect all drives then see what happens. Could be caused by corrupt BIOS wouldn't be RAM because the machine wouldn't post or when it would boot into a OS it would crash.

Stuck at BIOS Splash screen is caused by bad SMART. Disconnect all drives then see what happens. Could be caused by corrupt BIOS wouldn't be RAM because the machine wouldn't post or when it would boot into a OS it would crash.

If it is the issue with S.M.A.R.T, then always it will show at lease BIOS splash screen. But here it is not like that.

See post 12

In a multi RAM configuration, if one of the RAM is bad then we can see this kind of behaviour. But not always.

If it is the issue with S.M.A.R.T, then always it will show at lease BIOS splash screen. But here it is not like that.

See post 12

In a multi RAM configuration, if one of the RAM is bad then we can see this kind of behaviour. But not always.

Problem can be caused by mixing mismatch DIMMs or having RAM thats not on supported manufactures RAM Support list. Or maybe RAM could be defective.

Would/could iTunes/Security Update corrupt BIOS.

As per earlier post, all drives have been disconnected. The last thing I tried was to disconnect the SSD and reset CMOS. No change

Problem can be caused by mixing mismatch DIMMs or having RAM thats not on supported manufactures RAM Support list. Or maybe RAM could be defective.

Yes. That is what we are trying to find out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back