Contribute
Register

WonkeyDonkey's Steambox Pro - Z87E-ITX - Core i7 4770S - GTX 760 Gaming ITX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea, renamed SSDT and DSDT in EFI/Cover/ACPI/patched rebooted and tested a few times. no change.

Can anyone think of anything else?

Not sure then. Given your reluctance to do a quick windows setup to confirm it is working, not a lot left to try.

It is odd that it worked before though.

Anyone know where the SMC version is set in Clover ?

iMac14,2 profile sets it to 2.15f2.

I tried changing it in FakeSMC to the correct version but it stays the same. I don't see it in the config file either.

In FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Info.plist, remove REV, RVBF, RVUF from IOKitPersonalities→Configuration→Clover. End result should be like so:

DQBUFnv.png

AFAIK, 2.15f7 is the latest SMC Version for iMac14,2.

In FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Info.plist, remove REV, RVBF, RVUF from IOKitPersonalities→Configuration→Clover. End result should be like so:

DQBUFnv.png

AFAIK, 2.15f7 is the latest SMC Version for iMac14,2.

Thanks. I missed that Clover section completely. Got so used to doing it the original way. :lol:

One question guys:

I'm looking for a new gfx, preferably this one: http://geizhals.de/palit-geforce-gtx-970-ne5x970016g2f-a1324978.html
It needs to be this one because I want to mount an aftermarket cooler on it for noise issues and not every 970 model seems to compatible..

It only has mini display port connectors, is that a problem?
Or is it either way ok whether display port or mini display port?

Thanks in advance

Functionally there is no difference between mini and full displayport.

I've been looking at a 970 too in the last few days.

This is the one Im thinking of. It has mini displayport too for my ACD. It has zero RPM fans too, so should be quiet.

:thumbup:

Not until nVidia releases it's updated driver for 10.11.2, unless you want to run the beta web driver. I'd wait until the updated driver is available.

Reporting flawless update to OS X 10.11.3 from 10.11.2 via combo update
  • USB ok
  • TRIM Support ok
  • Shut Down ok
  • Sleep ok
  • Audio ok
  • Audio HDMI ok
  • iMessage, FaceTime, iCloud ok
Advices
- Wait for nVidia update (Maxwell card)
- Make a bootable backup before doing anything
- Try combo update instead Software update (not tested)​

Attached
  • 10.11 kexts folder
  • config.plist
  • drivers64UEFI folder
  • dsdt.aml

Attachments

• EFI parts giacomoleopardo.zip
    177.9 KB · Views: 140
Not updated here. No reason why it should not work though, the board is safe with updates if booting from Clover.

I noticed recently that although we could never install OSX using the built-in HDMI, if you use a discrete GPU to install, you can then switch back to the built-in HDMI and everything works as expected. There was a lot of discussion over this back in the day.

I'm currently on with the guys at Asrock again regarding the bios; this time to get my quad port ethernet card working via the PCIE slot after switching graphics back to built-in as described above. I plan to repurpose the board, this time as the basis for a home NAS/Server build.

If this is successful I will post a new build thread.

Nice set up. Looking to do something similar. Just a question, can I buy the Dell DW1510 wireless adapter and drop it in without any configuration since you said out of the box it works?

This is the only thing I'm still confused about with builds is how to get the WiFi working.

The DW1510 works fine here and can be had very cheaply on ebay. No bluetooth though, and it works to wireless 'N' standard. I rebranded the card with apple hardware id so it shows up as native Airport card, but I believe it works even without that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back