Contribute
Register

[WIP] P8Z77-V Deluxe, Ivy Bridge, and OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha scary.

Just wondering how I can do this with a back up

Can I ask what you changed/injected exactly?

Just rename it is DSDT.aml

I am exaggerating when it comes to damaging anything. It is not a BIOS file which could definitely cause permanent damage. I fixed all the compile errors and applied basic patches with DSDT editor from olarila.com. If it KP's after install you can use DSDT=NULL flag and it will boot without the DSDT. After that just remove from the EXTRA folder.

The dsdt seems to work, have had no issues with it and am booting using it. Although not sure if it is an improvement from before.

Will be an improvement for sound (more choices on installs). Also If you ever want HDMI SOUND out from your GPU you have to edit the DSDT. I did not do any edits for sound. Are you using nullcpupm or stock AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext? If it works save a copy for future mods.

I didn't notice any change to the sound (still just got my MM-1 speakers usb interface and Soundflower which is installed by using plex), Haven't got any other options, but don't use the HDMI interface either.

I'm using speedstepper 10.7.3 which is included in multibeast, have also confirmed this is working by using flaked's patch as well to double check.

Msr Dumper however only reports 2/3 P-states achieved which is fairly low.

Just to let anyone know, have updated to 10.7.4 and haven't run into any major issues yet.

Geekbench score has dropped from 12.5k to 12k though.... But still nothing major.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back