Contribute
Register

[WIP] P8Z77-V Deluxe, Ivy Bridge, and OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
tom.humphrey said:
Nope still only two, have also lost my temp sensors for my cpu in istat as well now.

I get 16 and 34 and that's it. just trying Mac Pro5,1 to see if there is any difference there as well. If not will go back to 3,1 i think

You using msrdumper to verify p-states? That is pretty strange.

Are all the kext and such you've installed from the multibeast package?

yeah I'm using MSRDumper

yes they're, but I also used flaked's speed stepper from insanelymac as well to make sure it had installed correctly (haven't used the version in MB before) and it was happy with all of it.

my speakers have just started making a strange beeping noise at me....

tom.humphrey said:
yeah I'm using MSRDumper

yes they're, but I also used flaked's speed stepper from insanelymac_ as well to make sure it had installed correctly (haven't used the version in MB before) and it was happy with all of it.

my speakers have just started making a strange beeping noise at me....

If you have another hard drive to do a test installation, I would try the following:

-Install Lion. Once at desktop, use chameleon wizard to make boot.plist with just GUI, ethernet built in=yes, GE=yes. Smbios 3,1 or whatever you want to try

- Use kext installer for latest version of fakesmc and hnak's intel lan

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.p ... st&p=11501

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... 05771&st=0

- Use multibeast to install chimera, speedstepper, and lnx2mac realtek lan

Possible you might need the npci flag but perhaps try without first.

tom.humphrey said:
I will have to try that at some point.

It's the first thing I'll try out with any non-gigabyte motherboard and if it works you have a nice clean minimal setup. Multibeast is a great tool but is heavily geared towards gigabyte boards.

planning to get this board, hopefully a it will be fully compatible by the time i got the board.. :) any news on DSDT for this board?

Just updated the main post with what we have learned in the last week with some of my explanations why stuff works/doesn't work the way it does. Also Tom I am VARY not upset at you highjacking my thread. Thats what I made this for since I wont be getting my full rig until after I am done with a move IRL I am working on. x.x
Right now we are at a strange point with people implementing UEFI, with Windows 8 still some time away some mobo makers are a bit confused at what does and does not need to be implemented for UEFI features to fully support Windows 8. For example UEFI's ability to have a firmware stored table for features and devices to allow faster/easier boot time configuration of integrated devices we like to call a DSDT. Gigabyte implemented it fully while following OS X's lead it seems while Asus seems to be interested in a more wait and see approach. This is why you need to set this mobo to Legacy to boot because, apparently, what part of the advanced UEFI features Asus implemented to date aren't fully spec/incomplete. Thats of course not to say Apple is following the spec for their DSDT integration into UEFI. ^.~
Also as I said this wont become a how-to guide until OS X 10.8 comes out and support for Ivy Bridge native. For those of us that like to play around with this stuff I made the thread, for the people that just want it working and rather simple I made the first post. Right now the first post just shows progress being made and why stuff isnt working.

Anyways, back to packing!

good good,

I had a bit more of a play around with the BIOS, using the default settings it will boot fine, the main issue is just the USB ports on the back not working to be able to install.

Other then that though it is still working very well, and will give another update again when I've got the i7-3770k in (hopefully will turn up this week)

Please use at own risk. Not responsible for anything going bad or wrong. I tried to fix the dsdt you extracted.

Attachments

• test.aml
    42.2 KB · Views: 137
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back