Contribute
Register

Windows 10 Vega 56 OC DisplayPort not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably my final post on this

I used the AMDCleanupUtility.exe application from the extracted installation folder located in C:\AMD\Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2019-Edition-19.5.1-May13

This application removes any trace of AMD from your machine.

Now AMD had been removed, I booted Windows 10 with the DisplayPort being the first and only screen to use.

I've been trying to install Adrenalin, but it seems this crashes every time and I cannot successfully complete installation. It crashes around the 50% mark, display turns off, machine remains one, but one quick tap of the power button turns the computer off.

Therefore I had been unable to install the latest drivers.

The only way I have been able to install the latest drivers is to boot in safe mode, open Device Manager and update driver for the 'Microsoft Basic VGA Adapter driver' under Display Adapters. I then use the wizard to locate the path of the above directory, Windows finds the driver and installs the driver. This does not work outside of safe mode.

Since the May 2019 update, I have tried to install Adrenalin again hoping for some change, but it crashes at 17% every time. I have tried to locate the installation logs but they aren't written as I believe I haven't got far enough through the installation process.

Thank you for your contributions. I will just have to stick with one screen and no Adrenalin.

Probably my final post on this

I used the AMDCleanupUtility.exe application from the extracted installation folder located in C:\AMD\Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2019-Edition-19.5.1-May13

This application removes any trace of AMD from your machine.

Now AMD had been removed, I booted Windows 10 with the DisplayPort being the first and only screen to use.

I've been trying to install Adrenalin, but it seems this crashes every time and I cannot successfully complete installation. It crashes around the 50% mark, display turns off, machine remains one, but one quick tap of the power button turns the computer off.

Therefore I had been unable to install the latest drivers.

The only way I have been able to install the latest drivers is to boot in safe mode, open Device Manager and update driver for the 'Microsoft Basic VGA Adapter driver' under Display Adapters. I then use the wizard to locate the path of the above directory, Windows finds the driver and installs the driver. This does not work outside of safe mode.

Since the May 2019 update, I have tried to install Adrenalin again hoping for some change, but it crashes at 17% every time. I have tried to locate the installation logs but they aren't written as I believe I haven't got far enough through the installation process.

Thank you for your contributions. I will just have to stick with one screen and no Adrenalin.
Have you tried a driver updated like Tweakbit? It will look at all of your drivers and recommend updating the outdated ones. It is also approved as a Windows partner. Download should contain about 28 files and be 26Mb.
See https://www.tweakbit.com/land/drive...=driver-updater&utm_campaign=WindowsReport.DU

Have you tried a driver updated like Tweakbit? It will look at all of your drivers and recommend updating the outdated ones. It is also approved as a Windows partner. Download should contain about 28 files and be 26Mb.
See https://www.tweakbit.com/land/drive...=driver-updater&utm_campaign=WindowsReport.DU
Hey Going Bald.

Tried the above, didn't really do anything. But thanks.

I have however managed to install Adrenalin to 100%!!!

Using this link here, I disabled the Driver Signature Enforcement.

I ran the installer 19.5.2 (admittedly the last version I tried and could not install was 19.5.1) and it just worked. I got to 100% so I have access to the the Wattman, Chill etc. but see below:

No Eyefinity as advised by MSI and AMD above!

I'm unsure sadly whether it was the updated installer or turning off the Driver Signature Enforcement.

Either way, I have Adrenalin back, but I'm still not able to use dual screens.

Eyefinity appears in my configuration, except that it is a Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 OC Gaming.
I have a problem similar to yours, except that in the case in Hackintosh, only appears with HDMI, with displayport does not appear, but if it is in the display part of Mojave, the monitors appear.
I have 2 Dell Ultrasharp U2419H.
And my VGA are 6 ports, 3 DP and 3 HDMI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back