Contribute
Register

Windows 10 Home x64 and MacOS Sierra dual boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!
I'm having a slight dilemma in purchasing a new laptop. The laptop I'm looking at is an HP Omen.

Here are the specs:
  • Windows 10 Home 64
  • 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor
  • 16 GB memory; 2 TB HDD + 128GB SSD storage
  • 17.3" UHD display
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 (6GB GDDR5 dedicated)
That is the main one I looked at. But the problem is: Being there are two separate drives. How would I go about keeping windows 10 on the HDD being I'll have more space for games and Mac on the SSD. Any and all help is appreciated!

Hello!
I'm having a slight dilemma in purchasing a new laptop. The laptop I'm looking at is an HP Omen.

Here are the specs:
  • Windows 10 Home 64
  • 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor
  • 16 GB memory; 2 TB HDD + 128GB SSD storage
  • 17.3" UHD display
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 (6GB GDDR5 dedicated)
That is the main one I looked at. But the problem is: Being there are two separate drives. How would I go about keeping windows 10 on the HDD being I'll have more space for games and Mac on the SSD. Any and all help is appreciated!

Seems unlikely it has only Nvidia graphics (most likely Nvidia+Intel in Optimus configuration).
If it has only the Nvidia 1060... not supported.

You will need to know specifically what CPU it has (I assume Skylake or Kaby Lake).

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Two separate drives is not a problem. Not sure why you think it is...

Seems unlikely it has only Nvidia graphics (most likely Nvidia+Intel in Optimus configuration).

That processor has an integrated Intel HD Graphics 530

You will need to know specifically what CPU it has (I assume Skylake or Kaby Lake).

I'm almost positive it is a Skylake. How much does that effect it's compatibility?

Not that it's a problem, I just want to be sure that if I do a simple "Drag and drop" from the SSD to the HDD if Windows 10 is installed there. Really just if there's a specific process to move it. I've never owned a system with more than one drive.

I'm sorry if I'm inconveniencing you any, I'm extremely new to this part of this spectrum of computers.

That processor has an integrated Intel HD Graphics 530

I'm almost positive it is a Skylake. How much does that effect it's compatibility?

Not that it's a problem, I just want to be sure that if I do a simple "Drag and drop" from the SSD to the HDD if Windows 10 is installed there nothing with go wrong. Really just if there's a specific process to move it. I've never owned a system with more than one drive.

I'm sorry if I'm inconveniencing you any, I'm extremely new to this part of this spectrum of computers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back