Contribute
Register

Win10 couldn't boot after restarting, "Your PC needs to be repaired." Error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Prime H270M-Plus
CPU
i5-6400
Graphics
Vega 56
I wanted to dual boot a win10 on a transcend ssd with a High Sierra(Samsung Evo) which is what is used to have.
So I followed the instructions:
  1. Unplug Samsung Evo.
  2. Plug in Transcend ssd.
  3. Install win10.
  4. Disable update.
  5. Shutdown.
  6. Plug in Hackintosh ssd.
  7. Add clover to the UEFI firmware boot menu with EasyUEFI.
After running for a day or two, when I reboot windows, this error pops up.

Attachments

• IMG_6003.JPG
    IMG_6003.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 235
SO you had a SSD with High Sierra running and purchased a second SSD for Win10, right?
Step 7 was totally unnecessary. Should have been boot to UEFI and make High Sierra SSD first in BBS boot order.

So I've gone this a few times lately. So the first time I tried this I backed my EFI folder by copying it to a USB stick. Will all the internal drives connected to see what would happen I installed Windows. This broke Clover. Windows messed with the EFI Partition, changing it's size! To put Clover back I had to mount the EFI folder and copy and past the files using finder instead of doing a dd if= of= command like I usually do. I after putting Clover back and checking I could still boot macOS I then removed the drive and installed Windows solo. After putting the macOS drive back this resulted in a Windows that didn't like booting and stopped after doing an update. The last time I simply left both drives connected and installed Windows, I found a new 'Windows' folder in Clover but Clover had macOS work fine and now I can boot Windows from Clover just fine. The EFI folder is 209MB when Disk Utility is used to partition. It is now 314MBs as a result of installing Windows. Not sure how Windows altered the size of the EFI Partition without damaging the APFS partition. So that seems weird.

So I've gone this a few times lately. So the first time I tried this I backed my EFI folder by copying it to a USB stick. Will all the internal drives connected to see what would happen I installed Windows. This broke Clover. Windows messed with the EFI Partition, changing it's size! To put Clover back I had to mount the EFI folder and copy and past the files using finder instead of doing a dd if= of= command like I usually do. I after putting Clover back and checking I could still boot macOS I then removed the drive and installed Windows solo. After putting the macOS drive back this resulted in a Windows that didn't like booting and stopped after doing an update. The last time I simply left both drives connected and installed Windows, I found a new 'Windows' folder in Clover but Clover had macOS work fine and now I can boot Windows from Clover just fine. The EFI folder is 209MB when Disk Utility is used to partition. It is now 314MBs as a result of installing Windows. Not sure how Windows altered the size of the EFI Partition without damaging the APFS partition. So that seems weird.
So you mean there is currently no way of fixing this issue? Cause I reinstalled windows, renamed BOOTMGFW to BOOTMGFW-ORIG. After that, it worked for almost a week until I restart my computer, the windows drive that I usually boot from did not show up on the clover menu, and other windows boot drive booted into the same error.

SO you had a SSD with High Sierra running and purchased a second SSD for Win10, right?
Step 7 was totally unnecessary. Should have been boot to UEFI and make High Sierra SSD first in BBS boot order.
Yeah, so after the last reinstall, I always boot into windows from clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back