Contribute
Register

Will the Samsung R540 work with mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the specs it said it has Intel HD Graphics

Yes, and Intel HD is not supported (except by the hacks that enable it for 1st gen -- I'm guessing this Pentuim is a Sandy or Ivy Bridge Pentium).

For best compatibility, you need Intel HD3000/HD4000/HD4400/HD4600/HD5000/HD5100/etc.

I don't really want to change the graphics card or whatever. So should I use the Samsung laptop and for the graphics I will use the InsanelyMac link you gave me and follow the instructions to install Snow Leopard on tonymacx86?

I don't really want to change the graphics card or whatever. So should I use the Samsung laptop and for the graphics I will use the InsanelyMac link you gave me and follow the instructions to install Snow Leopard on tonymacx86?

Generally, you cannot change the graphics card in a laptop without changing the entire motherboard.

If you have a Snow Leopard DVD from the Apple Store, SL may be something to try...

Thanks!

I will update to Mavericks after I install Snow Leopard.

Is there any way to mark this as solved?

Thanks!

I will update to Mavericks after I install Snow Leopard.

No sense in doing that. If your goal is Mavericks, install it directly (assuming you have access to a Mac or existing hack).

If your goal is to only get SL working well enough to download Mavericks, keep in mind it is not necessary to get your graphics working properly (only requirement is access to the Mac App Store by 10.6.8 and working Ethernet).

The reason is because I don't have access to a Mac or know anyone with one so the only thing I can do is install SL and update to Mavericks. I'll probably do the graphics stuff after I update to Mavericks.

The reason is because I don't have access to a Mac or know anyone with one so the only thing I can do is install SL and update to Mavericks. I'll probably do the graphics stuff after I update to Mavericks.

You won't actually 'update' to Mavericks. Instead, you'll install SL only to download Mavericks and create USB installer with Unibeast. After that, you'll wipe out your SL install to install Mavericks clean.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I didn't mention that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back