Contribute
Register

Will my Haswell Build work? (Sabertooth z87)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Win8 64bit
CPU
i7 4770k
Graphics
770gtx
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

recently I build a pretty powerful build, but actually didn't think about Hackintosh compatibility, and now it's already done... :confused:

My Hardware:

Asus Sabertooth z87
Intel i7 4770k Haswell
16GB DDR3 1600Mhz GeIL Evo Leggera
Nvidia GeForce GTX 770

My main question is... Is there any way to get this thing working? I found tutorials for other Haswell z87 builds on Asus mainboards, but I don't know if the modded BIOS will work on my sabertooth because the one in the description was another model... Also, he had another graphics card, i got no idea if i could get this working properly...
Another thing, is it possible to build a hackintosh using some sort of dual boot? I'd still like to keep windows as a second option...
I hope you guys could help me out, sorry for my bad english.

miele

Sabertooth Z87 is hackintosh compatible with out a DSDT. However, do not update the BIOS updates, before checking - because Asus may chose to lock the MSR in the future bios updates. Just do a Unibeast + Multibeast install and you will be fine.

As for GTX 770, I am not sure. I believe it is compatible. Someone else here might be able to help with it.

Sabertooth Z87 is hackintosh compatible with out a DSDT. However, do not update the BIOS updates, before checking - because Asus may chose to lock the MSR in the future bios updates. Just do a Unibeast + Multibeast install and you will be fine.

As for GTX 770, I am not sure. I believe it is compatible. Someone else here might be able to help with it.

UPDATE:

I have successfully installed Mavericks on this with CLOVER.
The Sound / Ethernet / AsMedia SATA kexts are not yet installed - But, most of them are already confirmed to be working.

I have a 770GTX and its works perfect with graphicsenabler=no. No issues yet, and I'm gaming with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back