Contribute
Register

WiFi works but Bluetooth doesn't on Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD (x-post from /r/hackintosh)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
Intel Core i5 3570K at 3.4GHz
Graphics
NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
[SOLVED] WiFi works but Bluetooth doesn't on Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD (x-post from /r/hackintosh)

I have an Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD WiFi and Bluetooth card installed in my Hackintosh thorough a converter kit I got here:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0144KU1EG/?tag=tonymacx86com-20[1] Out of the box the card has worked fine for WiFi, showing up as a native airport card. Bluetooth however, doesn't work at all. In System Information -> Bluetooth, all that shows is "No information found." I have a Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H motherboard. I'm running OS X 10.11.1. I'm using Clover, Unibeast, and Multibeast.

There is a Broadcom device showing up in my list of USB devices that I can't identify. Here's the info from System Information:

Code:
BCM20702A0:

Product ID:   0x22be
  Vendor ID:    0x0a5c  (Broadcom Corp.)
  Version:  1.12
  Serial Number:    C8E0EB273110
  Speed:    Up to 12 Mb/sec
  Manufacturer: Broadcom Corp
  Location ID:  0x1a110000 / 2
  Current Available (mA):   1000
  Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

Edit: I've solved the issue. I had to install BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext from https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM . Now, everything works great!

Last edited:
Handoff does work?

Same Card here (BCM94360CD with BCM20702A0).
Also got BT to work with the BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext under 10.11.1.
You wrote everything works great. Also Handoff?
This is disabled in my Systeminformation. :(

I've got the exact same card. Had it since 10.9 and my Bluetooth works fine. Don't need no injector kext for mine.

I used the BluetoothInjector that andomar used above in post #2 with success on a clean install of 10.11.5 El Capitan. Prior to that I could see the device in IOReg Explorer but OSX would not recognize it as bluetooth. ** Make sure you don't use the injector with RehabMan's BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, or BrcmFirmwareData.kext files. **

I have the BCM94360CD with BCM20702A0 with vendor id of 14e4, device id: 43a0. Wifi worked great out of the box.

I used the BluetoothInjector that andomar used above in post #2 with success on a clean install of 10.11.5 El Capitan. Prior to that I could see the device in IOReg Explorer but OSX would not recognize it as bluetooth. ** Make sure you don't use the injector with RehabMan's BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, or BrcmFirmwareData.kext files. **

I have the BCM94360CD with BCM20702A0 with vendor id of 14e4, device id: 43a0. Wifi worked great out of the box.
Thank you, I used your kext file, and now my bluetooth works on Seirra.
I still have a problem, these kext files not the newest, I want the newest version, I donwloaded it from Github, Trying to compile the stuff with xcode on my own,but I failed, don't know much about the code stuff,can you help me here ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back