Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

I have recently successfully done the OCLP method and the machine is running smooth for most part. But there are a few issues i would like to resolve.

1. WiFi.
Even though i have done the OCLP and Bluetooth is working well, my wifi is still unable to turn on, i just have the ! mark in the wifi icon. Do i need to use som additional kext files in junction with ioskywalk and ioskyfamily kext files? (there should be a screenshot of my kexts)
I use the BCM943602CS model installed.

2. bootpicker.
I want to use a external bootpicker instead of the builtin one.
But when i have it set to external, it just flashes briefly before my eyes before it starts booting. I want it to pause for a few seconds, so i can make my choice. when in builtin i halts for 5 seconds.

3. NVRAM
for some reason this option is gone in the opencore, where you could select to have it show or not. So in my case it is not showing and i can not turn it on. I t says in the opencore manual that is should be by default a primary auxiliary.

Does anyone have suggestions for me about what i can do to fix these things.

My computer setup is a ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II, Intel i9-9900x CPU, Radeon Vega 64 GPU.

My current working efi is attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 10.05.22.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 10.05.22.png
    562.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 10.06.03.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 10.06.03.png
    340.7 KB · Views: 19
  • EFI.zip
    63.4 MB · Views: 6
@Runi

AMFIPass.kext 1.3.0 needs amfi=0x80 in boot args. Get AMFIPass.kext 1.4.0, no need of amfi=0x80.

Put IOSkywalkFamily.kext before IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext and AirPortBrcmNIC.kext in config.plist.

Try these settings in Misc >> Boot:
XML:
            <key>HibernateSkipsPicker</key>
            <false/>
            <key>PickerAttributes</key>
            <integer>144</integer>
            <key>PickerMode</key>
            <string>External</string>
            <key>PickerVariant</key>
            <string>Default</string>
            <key>ShowPicker</key>
            <true/>
            <key>TakeoffDelay</key>
            <integer>0</integer>
            <key>Timeout</key>
            <integer>5</integer>
ResetNvramEntry.efi is now a separate driver, I don't know why isn't displayed in the picker, I see it into the Drivers folder. As a workaround, open Terminal in macOS and run
Code:
sudo nvram -c
But actually I don't se the reason for this entry not be displayed.

@miliuco
Thank for the detailed descriptions and also enlighten me about the NVRAM reset.. that i did not know.
I will give some feedback when i have had the change to try this out.

I'm having the exact same issue. Followed @miliuco 's post above. The wi-fi is still disabled.

@Runi did you fix your issue ?

I'm having the exact same issue. Followed @miliuco 's post above. The wi-fi is still disabled.

@Runi did you fix your issue ?
No im sorry to announce that both my wifi and bluetooth are not working as the should. I feel i have fallowed all advices as described but something is either missing or something should be removed.
Do let me know if you make any progress on your end...

No im sorry to announce that both my wifi and bluetooth are not working as the should. I feel i have fallowed all advices as described but something is either missing or something should be removed.
Do let me know if you make any progress on your end...
I have gotten my wifi and bluetooth back, but i had to ditch the effort off getting this OCLP method to work.
In stead i followed this guide to revert the method and use these kexts instead, AirportItlwm.kext and OpenIntelWireless together with bluetoolfixup.
Now all is working perfectly again.

Back