i7-6700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

I'm runnig macOS for years now. But I haven't yet figuered out what the benefit is to install Kexts in "Library/Extentions" rather then on the EFI partition (Clover).

I know that you must have essential kexts on the EFI partition to boot recovery or install partitions. But why should you install the kexts to "Library/Extentoins" then? Or is this just pure personal preference?

Hello,

I'm runnig macOS for years now. But I haven't yet figuered out what the benefit is to install Kexts in "Library/Extentions" rather then on the EFI partition (Clover).

I know that you must have essential kexts on the EFI partition to boot recovery or install partitions. But why should you install the kexts to "Library/Extentoins" then? Or is this just pure personal preference?
Not all kexts work properly when injected by the bootloader.

Ok makes sense.

Can kexts like FakeSMC coexist on Library/Extentions and the EFI partition without problems?
FakeSMC works fine injected by the bootloader. Read the clover wiki regarding the 3 values for the InjectKexts configuration key to understand how it works if you also install to /L/E.

FakeSMC works fine injected by the bootloader. Read the clover wiki regarding the 3 values for the InjectKexts configuration key to understand how it works if you also install to /L/E.

Ok I understood it. I now have FakeSMC on the EFI partition as well and I set the inject flag to detect. So I should be fine booting installer volumes. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back