Contribute
Register

Why RX5700 black screen on big sur? help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same problem but with a Gigabyte RX5600XT. I made a clean big sur install and it successfully booted up to system. I was able to do some stuff and after I reboot, I always have a black screen, which is visible "on", but there's no image.

I have the same problem but with a Gigabyte RX5600XT. I made a clean big sur install and it successfully booted up to system. I was able to do some stuff and after I reboot, I always have a black screen, which is visible "on", but there's no image.
Boot arg. agdpmod=pikera

My motherboard is MSI-Z390-GAMING-PLUS,and cpu is i7-9700k,graphics is RX5700,it works all well on catalina.But on big sur,my monitor get black screen forever.Only the first time after installation, the monitor works well. I nearly try everything I can find , the below is what I try.
1. change the smbios to MACPRO 7,1, and use adgpmod=ignore
2. use the smbios imac 19,1 and use adgpmod=pikera
3. upgrade the oc、lilu、WEG version to the newest.
BUT none works. On ******, someone have the same experience, but at last he change his motherboard to asus. I cannot change my motherboard right now. So I doubts if the nvram have something with this problem? Wish someone can give me some advice. Thanks a lot.
The attachment is the efi I use right now, oc version is 0.6.1. Wish it can give you some dirctions. Thanks again.
I made this Efi for you. I hope it will solve your problems. I have used your SMBIOS information from your own Efi which you shared here. Here you can check if my EFI has any shortcomings. https://opencore.slowgeek.com/?file=coffeelake063ydMPjW&rs=coffeelake063

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 63
It's the same for me. However, when I have the black screen I enter my password + [enter] and it works again.

Motherboard: asus tuf z490-plus gaming
Graphics: Radeon RX5700 XT

The darkwake arg didn't work for me.

Asus Z370 Pro-gaming
RX5700XT (XFX)
i7-8700 Coffee lake.

This worked just fine on Catalina. I was able to get through the big sur install (some installs had this same symptom), but on first boot I get a blank/black monitor. Its on, but a black "signal."

Want to hear something even crazier?

I heard a "voice over" accessibility prompt through my monitor. The sound was over the displayport. The install is done, but the video isn't there at all.

here's my opencore EFI.

Attachments

• EFI - Experimental.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 34
I have no idea why this works but I temporarily put in -wegnoegpu and it works. Remove it when all is up and running. My MSI 5700xt has been testy.

我为您制作了这个Efi。希望它能解决您的问题。我已使用您在此处共享的Efi中的SMBIOS信息。在这里您可以检查我的EFI是否有任何缺点。https://opencore.slowgeek.com/?file=coffeelake063ydMPjW&rs=coffeelake063
Thanks for your help. As I said before, I change my motherboard. Now I use Gigabyte Z390 Auros pro wifi as my motherboard and it turns to be no blackscreen right now. Even no one times since then. Hope this action may help people here. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back