Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI-Z390 GAMING PLUS
CPU
I7-9700K
Graphics
RX5700XT + UHD630
My motherboard is MSI-Z390-GAMING-PLUS,and cpu is i7-9700k,graphics is RX5700,it works all well on catalina.But on big sur,my monitor get black screen forever.Only the first time after installation, the monitor works well. I nearly try everything I can find , the below is what I try.
1. change the smbios to MACPRO 7,1, and use adgpmod=ignore
2. use the smbios imac 19,1 and use adgpmod=pikera
3. upgrade the oc、lilu、WEG version to the newest.
BUT none works. On ******, someone have the same experience, but at last he change his motherboard to asus. I cannot change my motherboard right now. So I doubts if the nvram have something with this problem? Wish someone can give me some advice. Thanks a lot.
The attachment is the efi I use right now, oc version is 0.6.1. Wish it can give you some dirctions. Thanks again.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.6 MB · Views: 91
try this one.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2 MB · Views: 189
Basic efi for motherboard 100.200.300.400 series

reset nvram first time

Attachments

• EFI BigSur Serie 100.200.300.400 OpenCore 0.6.1.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 143

reset nvram first time
Thank you very much for your suggestion. After finish the work I'm doing. I'll try it and give you the feedback. Thanks again.

reset nvram first time
Thanks for the bootloader you provide. I replace it and clean nvram. But I get a blackscreen again. The monitor doesn't have any signal and even backlight. Then I attach the "agdpmod=pikera" to the boot-args. The monitor turns to have signal and backlight but also blackscreen as the efi I give perform. I really know the reason. Do you have any other suggestions or direction. Thanks again

If anyone can give me some suggestions or notice? Thanks.

sorry I answered you but my answers were deleted. it should not be in conformity with the rules of the forum.

set the bios of your motherboard like this.

BIOS PREPARATION BEFORE INSTALLATION: They will

be set to Disable:

• Fast Boot
  • Secure Boot
  • VT-d
  • CSM
  • Thunderbolt
  • Intel SGX
  • Intel Platform Trust
  • CFG Lock

They will be set to Enable:

• VT-x
  • Above 4G decoding
  • Hyper-Threading
  • Execute Disable Bit
  • EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
  • OS type: Windows 8.1 / 10 UEFI Mode
  • DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB

I set the bios as above. But only the first time I run MACOS that I can get in without black screen. Then I reboot, It turns to get a black screen again. And after that, I cannot start macos any more. If it is caused by my motherboard? Thanks for your reply.

I don't think the problem is with your motherboard.
if it has to do with catalina i think it's big on who is the problem.

what number is your motherboard bios.
I had problems with a too recent bios I could no longer install big on.

I don't think the problem is with your motherboard.
if it has to do with catalina i think it's big on who is the problem.

what number is your motherboard bios.
I had problems with a too recent bios I could no longer install big on.
Yes,No problems on catalina but on big sur the black screen exists from beta1 to beta4 and public beta. My bios version is 1037.140.50.0.0, the newest version of Z390 GAMING PLUS. I try to install the old version. But the problem still exist. So, I really don't know what I should do now. Since it is normally on catalina, I decide to go back to 10.15.6 otherwise I need buy another motherboard to try if the problem exist. So confused. Thanks for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back