Register

Why RX5700 black screen on big sur? help

Status
Not open for further replies.
made quickly

Attachments

• EFI .zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 68
there is no agdpmod = pikera in the plist config.
try without agdpmod = pikera and then with.
agdpmod = pikera is the solution for rx 5700 xt for all successful people

made quickly
I replace it and reset the nvram. But the bootloader cannot boot the big sur on my pc. It seems to be wrong with the graphics. I haven't seen it clearly. Maybe tomorrow I will try again or give up this issue. Thanks

I had the same problem by upgrading my motherboard bios to the latest version of 2020. impossible to boot. the verbose mode starts then this blocks. i flashed my old bios from 2018 and it works now.

interesting info

Attachments

• bug bios MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 107
I have the exact same problem. Everything works on Catalina, everything works on Big Sur as well until the first shot down (So the install is successfull, i could see the dock with the desktop). After reboot it goes black when normally the apple logo comes for a few sec.

I have this config:
Asus TUF z370 Pro Gaming
Intel Core i5-8600K 3.60GHz LGA-1151 300, Coffee Lake
Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB Aorus (GV-R57XTAORUS-8GD)
M.2 Samsung 970 PRO
Intel I219V
And i use this EFI
Any suggestions? I would really appreciate it!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 48
interesting info
Thanks for your help. I nearly forget the big sur. I forgive up this. From beta 1 to beta6, I try everything I can but no use. Thus I perfer to use catalina instead. It performs well now. I'd like to change my motherboard when big sur comes eventually. Thanks again.

Yeah, changing motherboard might work but I also recommend you to try checking carefully your BIOS settings following the guide here. I had black screen issues even with my ASUS motherboard and I fixed it by following that BIOS setting VERY carefully.

At last, you can try updating your BIOS to newer version and see it that helps. Be aware of the risk though. Updating BIOS can result in permanent damage of the motherboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE =“ kitalphaj,帖子:2177985,成员:1720603”]
是的,更换主板也许可以,但是我也建议您按照此处的指南尝试仔细检查BIOS设置。即使在华硕主板上也出现了黑屏问题,并且通过认真地设置BIOS进行了修复。

最后,您可以尝试将BIOS更新到较新版本,然后查看有帮助。但是要注意风险。更新BIOS可能会导致主板永久损坏。
[/引用]
Yes , before asking help here, I check my bios settings carefully as all possible status. But no help. MSI haven't given any newer bios version. The older also have same phenomenon. Thanks for you reply. Maybe changing the motherboard is my only solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back