Contribute
Register

White Screen when booting without -x

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a reinstall and after that tried tonys bootloader which is extra for my mainboard and now all i get after selecting my os is a completely black screen (monitor not blinking)
this is so frustrating, is there any chance it will ever work?

I did everything as you described, even typing in Ipomoea instead of Lotus but it didnt work. One thing I couldnt do was copying thr dsdt file cause I didnt find one.
I do a bios update now cause I read that might be a problem.
I get this black screen with a white apple logo now.
Or shall I wait longer than one minute? but there is no loading screen.
or shall i do a fresh install before all that?View attachment 144027

Boot in verbose mode for seeing what is happening on the background.

For verbose mode booting, on the clover bootloader screen press space bar and choose verbose mode.

I did a reinstall and after that tried tonys bootloader which is extra for my mainboard and now all i get after selecting my os is a completely black screen (monitor not blinking)
this is so frustrating, is there any chance it will ever work?

Have you ran MultiBeast?? If Yes, then with which options?

Boot in verbose mode for seeing what is happening on the background. If you are using Chimera, use flag -v.

no i didnt run multibeast cause tony said its all you need
so shall i run multibeast after that and maybe easybeast with this apple cmos patch?

no i didnt run multibeast cause tony said its all you need
so shall i run multibeast after that and maybe easybeast with this apple cmos patch?

Choose DSDT Free instead of Easy Beast.

I don't think that this issue can be resolved RTC patch from MultiBeast. However try your luck.

If the attempt resulting in the same booting issue,then the next option is usage of patched DSDT/SSDTs along with Chimera.

If that is also resulting in the same issue, then you may have to fully switch to clover with patched DSDT/SSDTs.

thanks for all your tips, with the secound method sth funny is happening:
its not a white screen anymore but instead of the apple logo there is a circle with a diagonal line in it like you have a sign on the street ..

I think its enough for me now, I will wait for the other grafic card and then try it again.
Cheers

WIN_20150714_202026.JPGthis is the v log

Sorry I don't try Yosemite with my amd graphics anymore.But I tried to install snow leopard with the regular iboot and maybe this is a hint: when i try to install it without bootflags it win't go over the apple logo and the wheel spinning forever.When I try it with pcirootuid=0 -x -v it says please turn of your computer and then back on again. I can post a picture of that later..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back