Contribute
Register

White Screen when booting without -x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I don't try Yosemite with my amd graphics anymore.But I tried to install snow leopard with the regular iboot and maybe this is a hint: when i try to install it without bootflags it win't go over the apple logo and the wheel spinning forever.When I try it with pcirootuid=0 -x -v it says please turn of your computer and then back on again. I can post a picture of that later..

This section is for Yosemite. If you have issue with SL, open new thread under SL Desktop Support section.

Ok, you were absolutely right, with the nvidia gpu it still doesn't work and this time I can't even get to the install screen. But this might be because I did a bios update on the newest version, so I think it is my mainboard that is causing all of the problems. I also haven't heard from anybody that he got it to work with osx.
Do you maybe have anything that I could try? I really don't want to buy another mobo..

Ok, you were absolutely right, with the nvidia gpu it still doesn't work and this time I can't even get to the install screen. But this might be because I did a bios update on the newest version, so I think it is my mainboard that is causing all of the problems. I also haven't heard from anybody that he got it to work with osx.
Do you maybe have anything that I could try? I really don't want to buy another mobo..

Now you are trying Yosemite or SL??

If you are trying Yosemite with GT 8800 GFX card, try booting with "dart=0 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes -f -v"

OR

"dart=0 nv_disable=1 PCIRootUID=1 -f -v"

This thread is just about yosemite.

I was wrong again, it WAS the graphics.
With the nvidia card AND IMPORTANT a dvi to dvi cable everything works without any bootflag.
Without a BIOS patch or any extra kext.

WLAN works with dlink dwa 131
Audio works with the latest voodoohda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back