Contribute
Register

Which Z97 motherboard, Gigabyte UD5H or ASRock Extreme4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hackintosh GA-EP35DS4
CPU
3 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Graphics
nVidia 8800 GT 512MB
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm planning to retire my old EP35 Hackintosh and build a new one with a Z97 motherboard. I had Gigabyte in mind... but October buyer's guide made me consider different options... now I don't know which one should I go for.

The main options I'm considering:

Gigabyte Z97 UD5H
ASRock Z97 Extreme4 (similar specs to UD5H but way cheaper)
ASUS Z97Pro

Which one would you recommend in a OSX compatibility basis?
Do the new UEFIS from Asus and Asrock offer an untroubled installation with most features working OOB as the Gigabyte??

Any other suggestions?

I'm planning to retire my old EP35 Hackintosh and build a new one with a Z97 motherboard. I had Gigabyte in mind... but October buyer's guide made me consider different options... now I don't know which one should I go for.

The main options I'm considering:

Gigabyte Z97 UD5H
ASRock Z97 Extreme4 (similar specs to UD5H but way cheaper)
ASUS Z97Pro

Which one would you recommend in a OSX compatibility basis?
Do the new UEFIS from Asus and Asrock offer an untroubled installation with most features working OOB as the Gigabyte??

Any other suggestions?

Gigabyte or Asus - Asrock board UEFI has locked CPU MSR.

...Asrock board UEFI has locked CPU MSR.

From where do you know this? As I know from other threads here the Asrock Z87E-ITX has no locked CPU MSR. With the first Bios releases they were but the latest ones not.

From where do you know this? As I know from other threads here the Asrock Z87E-ITX has no locked CPU MSR. With the first Bios releases they were but the latest ones not.

Previous posts with this board reported it locked.

So, maybe AsRock got the word and updated their UEFI to unlock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back