Contribute
Register

What is your oldest Hackintosh still in use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, I'm still testing everything from Intel 8 Series to 400 Series. Here's an old thread example of my 8 series "2013 CustoMac Mini" build which still runs the latest MacOS Monterey. Pretty good for an almost 10 year old build. :)

CustoMac Mini 2013: GA-H87N-WIFI - Core i3-4340 - Intel HD 4600

MB: ASUS P5B-MX
CPU: INTEL C2D E4500
RAM: 2GB 667Mhz
GPU: Nvidia 8600 GTS 256MB ram

Oldest system I've got is an old Dell Vostro 400.
CPU: Intel C2D E4400
RAM: 4GB DDR2
GPU: Nvidia GT430

It runs macOS 10.7-10.11, all using OpenCore. Could theoretically go lower but I wasn't able to get my Radeon HD 2600 XT working (Otherwise I would've gone all the way down to 10.4). It was mostly used just to test, though I was thinking of getting power states working using `ssdtPrGen` and putting in manual data. It didn't end up running that bad at all though with minimal configuration. Ended up writing a tool to calculate the NVCAP value because I couldn't be bothered.

The oldest one that actually gets used is my Dell Precision M4700
CPU: Intel i7-3740QM
RAM: 16GB DDR3
GPU: AMD Pro Mobility M4000

This runs Big Sur, but could theoretically run Monterey using a newer SMBIOS. Because the laptop uses the dGPU, no patches to insert the Ivy Bridge gpu drivers are needed. Unfortunately with the Trash Can not being supported in Ventura, support ends in Monterey.

Last edited:
My Leopard Hackintosh

I'm using ASUS K53SD with macOS High Sierra, i will update to macOS Catalina to run some special software

My first/oldest hackintosh is on an Intel NUC7, using Rehabmans' guides. I have it mounted to the VESA mounts on the back of a 32" Viewsonic monitor, so a "stealth" HackiMac, if you will. It is now running Catalina/Clover. My oldest hardware would be the Optiplex 9010, using @trs96 guide. It is running Mojave/Clover.

For me, I'm still testing everything from Intel 8 Series to 400 Series. Here's an old thread example of my 8 series "2013 CustoMac Mini" build which still runs the latest MacOS Monterey. Pretty good for an almost 10 year old build. :)

CustoMac Mini 2013: GA-H87N-WIFI - Core i3-4340 - Intel HD 4600

Built mine in 2012
I don't use it anywhere near as much as I did - but it still performs very well even after 10 years.

My first/oldest hackintosh is on an Intel NUC7, using Rehabmans' guides. I have it mounted to the VESA mounts on the back of a 32" Viewsonic monitor, so a "stealth" HackiMac, if you will. It is now running Catalina/Clover. My oldest hardware would be the Optiplex 9010, using @trs96 guide. It is running Mojave/Clover.
Good ol' Rehabman. He seems to have disappeared about a year before COVID. I looked into his Github repo and it's about the same there. Anyone know what happened to him?

Good ol' Rehabman. He seems to have disappeared about a year before COVID. I looked into his Github repo and it's about the same there. Anyone know what happened to him?

From what we know he's fine, just "retired" from the Hackintosh world as other priorities became more important etc.

From what we know he's fine, just "retired" from the Hackintosh world as other priorities became more important etc.
The last I heard about 3 years ago he was doing a home construction project that took up most of his time. Not doing anything software or computer related. He needed a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back