Motherboard
Xiaomi Notebook Pro
CPU
i5-8250U/TM171
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I have a Xiaomi Notebook pro, with the latest macOS Mojave installed (10.14.5). It works fine, but I have noticed about 2 days ago a small problem. You can see the problem in the attached video. I can not describe it well so I attached the video. The problem is that when the lock screen is activated, the password prompt delays to appear and when it appears it "resets" whatever was written inside at least once, as you can see.

Nothing but the password is typed and it resets. After the "reseting" if the password is typed correctly and the enter is pressed, everything works as expected. Also one other related problem, which started to appear the exact same time is that when prompted for a password, say when installing something, it loads for some seconds before the password can be input, something that loaded instantly 2-3 days before. I can't remember well if this problem appeared after updating to 10.14.5. Does anyone have the same issue or knows what the cause of it may be? I tried searching the web for a solution, but I do not know how to describe it and the results show me "how to reset the password" or "bypass the password" and so on.

Video Link

Thank you in advance!

Hi, I have a Xiaomi Notebook pro, with the latest macOS Mojave installed (10.14.5). It works fine, but I have noticed about 2 days ago a small problem. You can see the problem in the attached video. I can not describe it well so I attached the video. The problem is that when the lock screen is activated, the password prompt delays to appear and when it appears it "resets" whatever was written inside at least once, as you can see.

Nothing but the password is typed and it resets. After the "reseting" if the password is typed correctly and the enter is pressed, everything works as expected. Also one other related problem, which started to appear the exact same time is that when prompted for a password, say when installing something, it loads for some seconds before the password can be input, something that loaded instantly 2-3 days before. I can't remember well if this problem appeared after updating to 10.14.5. Does anyone have the same issue or knows what the cause of it may be? I tried searching the web for a solution, but I do not know how to describe it and the results show me "how to reset the password" or "bypass the password" and so on.

Video Link

Thank you in advance!

Hi there.

How did you install Mojave in the first place? Straight to 10.14.5 or an upgrade path?

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back