Contribute
Register

Weather Widget missing from notification center in El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish there was a thumb down button so that I can press it on this reply. The correct answer is

I have amended the post to include your solution - Thanks for the feedback.

Google is your friend :

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7253481?start=0&tstart=0

Edit - There is a suggestion that a solution is :
Go to /system/library/coreservices , find weather and right click OPEN, after that both stocks and weather widgets may appear in the notification centre.

Worked like a charm! I had to go to the /System/Library/CoreServices location via Terminal in 10.12.4, unlike in the past when I could navigate to it in Finder.

Worked like a charm! I had to go to the /System/Library/CoreServices location via Terminal in 10.12.4, unlike in the past when I could navigate to it in Finder.
Worked here as well 10.12.4.
Accessed the location from Finder / Go and then /System/Library/CoreServices. Opened Weather. all great!
thanx!!

Lost my weather widget after update to 10.12.4

The posted solution has worked for me in the past, but now the weather widget is completely missing from /System/Library/CoreServices/Plugins folder! Any thoughts??

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-28 at 1.21.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-28 at 1.21.52 PM.png
    765.4 KB · Views: 165
Lost my weather widget after update to 10.12.4

The posted solution has worked for me in the past, but now the weather widget is completely missing from /System/Library/CoreServices/Plugins folder! Any thoughts??
Your picture shows the /System/Library/Frameworks/NotificationCenter.framework/PlugIns folder and it's correct that the weather widget is missing from that folder.

The weather widget is located in the /System/Library/CoreServices folder

Your picture shows the /System/Library/Frameworks/NotificationCenter.framework/PlugIns folder and it's correct that the weather widget is missing from that folder.

The weather widget is located in the /System/Library/CoreServices folder

Ouch! Best not to troubleshoot before coffee... Thanks for that! (all good now)

I think the NotificationCenter.framework folder was mentioned elsewhere, and my brain wasn't quite turned on yet, so was obviously looking in the wrong place!

work like a charm!!thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back