Contribute
Register

Warning graphics incompatibility NVIDIA GTX960 Gaming G1! Windows 10, for now...

Is your system running with an NVIDIA GPU?

• Yes

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Yes but with problems

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you still using the same config.plist that you used before ?
A corrupt config.plist is the same as no config.plist at all.

Which system definition are you using ?

No, I did a clean install so the config.plist should be ok. I did not inject or select anything either, so it is theoretically clean. Just installed nvidia and added nvda_drv=1 (fuzzy screen) and after that nvda_disable=1 (it boots in low res)

System definition Mac Pro 3.1

Last edited:
It seems to be either defective/incompatible hardware or pilot error.

No more ideas - Sorry

Post a picture as requested in Post #19.

Pic of the "fuzzy bootscreen"? :)

Coming up. It's not static, it is just the regular screen where you normally have the login-in box. The box does not show, I just get the screen. I can not attach any image or embed it, but I've put it here:

http://uploadpie.com/BBezD

Thanks in advance :)

That's strange. Did you try enabling auto-login, so you won't need the (invisible) login box? Never seen that issue before.

I just tried, I get to an entirely empty homescreen. No icons, no menu, irresponsive mouse (and no cursus) and no keyboard.

Can't see anything graphics related in there (and I honestly also don't think your issue is purely graphics related).

Are you using a USB WIFI dongle? I think it's causing most of those warnings. Might be unrelated, but I'd try to remove it.

Nope, no usb wifi dongle, I do run a pci wifi card, but it has never used issues so far and if I pull it, I get the same result on the gpu (I tried). I only have a usb mouse and keyboard attached for set-up.

All i can conclude is that there must be a hardware conflict somewhere, but all bits are on the compatibility charts, so they should theoretically run ok... I'm a bit lost though. Just spent another half day trying everything and if anything, I have gone backwards with a drop in resolution from 2560 to 1600. I can't really keep doing this, much as I wish it to work. Need to keep the lights on, so I guess it will be windows 10 after all :(

Maybe as a mod you can flag this possible compatibility issue so others don't go this way. There seem to be gpu's that run fine, including nvidia 960's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back