Contribute
Register

Want to install Mac OS 10.11+ on Acer V3-371-52QE

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, you're seeing the main menu first, right? You didn't show it, so it makes me wonder.

You're doing a fresh install, right? With repartition of HDD so that nothing is on it (no Windows, no nothing...)

Also, would need to see a pic of the failure.
Through my installation something go wrong..

6. Install screen will appear and continue installation. This time, installer will install files to your target partition and create Recovery HD partition. This will end PHASE 2.

7. Restart and again boot to your USB as you did in step 1 and step 4.
After my 7 step there was no "boot from", only install... and now when i am trying to re-install macOS i got this error... Many times...
And installation process starts with another window, not like it was first time. I tried to format parion and re-create it, deleted recovery mac os partion, but still got "new" istallation window, and after i try to install - everytime get this error..
The translation is something like"Unable to install OS X on your computer.
When removing files from the name of the package error occurred.
Complete the installer to restart your computer and try again.:
i've got same error as i posted before. And i DO NOT seeing the main menu first as BEFORE. Now all my attempts to install start with the image (http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/img_0230-jpg.200110/). This is the first thing I see after clicking on the button "install os x" in clover.

i've got same error as i posted before. And i DO NOT seeing the main menu first as BEFORE. Now all my attempts to install start with the image (http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/img_0230-jpg.200110/). This is the first thing I see after clicking on the button to install in clover.

Still sounds to me like the disk wasn't clean... Use DISKPART.EXE from Windows to 'clean' the HDD so you're certain to be starting from scratch. Also, you might want to clear NVRAM from the laptop.

Still sounds to me like the disk wasn't clean... Use DISKPART.EXE from Windows to 'clean' the HDD so you're certain to be starting from scratch. Also, you might want to clear NVRAM from the laptop.
It also sounds to me like there is some place where mac os keeps info about installation...
Will try to clean HDD with diskpart...

It also sounds to me like there is some place where mac os keeps info about installation...

Three possible places:
- NVRAM
- target system volume/recovery volume (on HDD)
- installer system volume (on USB in this case)

Three possible places:
- NVRAM
- target system volume/recovery volume (on HDD)
- installer system volume (on USB in this case)
Just googled about NVRAM. And there is only guides for Mac to clean it

Just googled about NVRAM. And there is only guides for Mac to clean it

If you're using native NVRAM, same way... (sudo nvram -c).
If you're using EmuVariableUefi-64 it is stored in /nvram.plist.

If you're using native NVRAM, same way... (sudo nvram -c).
If you're using EmuVariableUefi-64 it is stored in /nvram.plist.
I do not know anything about it..)
And even more do not know what could I use))

I do not know anything about it..)
And even more do not know what could I use))

It is dependent on what you have in drivers64UEFI in your Clover setup.

It is dependent on what you have in drivers64UEFI in your Clover setup.

but I reinstalled clover, is its setting might have survived somewhere?)

but I reinstalled clover, is its setting might have survived somewhere?)

If you're using native NVRAM, it will survive all but a CMOS reset (because it is... NVRAM). The 'NV' stands for non-volatile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back