CPU
i5-5200u
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone! I want to install el capitan on my Acer and make a dual boot for windows. As for now i only got windows.
My graphics is - intel hd 5500 and I saw on the forums that it raises many problems. By the way, i set the bios video memory to 128 mb
So, what sould i start with? I can easily erase my drive, as i dont need any of windows files.
Please help me with the steps.
My hardware is: i5-5200u, HD 5500, and i got MacBook where a can make a clover.

Hi everyone! I want to install el capitan on my Acer and make a dual boot for windows. As for now i only got windows.
My graphics is - intel hd 5500 and I saw on the forums that it raises many problems. By the way, i set the bios video memory to 128 mb
So, what sould i start with? I can easily erase my drive, as i dont need any of windows files.
Please help me with the steps.
My hardware is: i5-5200u, HD 5500, and i got MacBook where a can make a clover.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Broadwell info in the FAQ. It is important.

Am i need to erase my windows partion with disk util while mac os install? My windows in EFI mode.

Read post #2 of the guide. There is a link in there that covers retaining an existing Windows install.

Read post #2 of the guide. There is a link in there that covers retaining an existing Windows install.
Hey again. I made a bootable usb with MBR method and recommended createinstall with clover.
When i try to run mac os setup it shows me Apple logo with the line for about 10 minutes and at the end shows me some text "system up time bla bla" and just crashes... Then loads my windows...
What i need to post? The error screen? But i can see only for 1 second..

Hey again. I made a bootable usb with MBR method and recommended createinstall with clover.
When i try to run mac os setup it shows me Apple logo with the line for about 10 minutes and at the end shows me some text "system up time bla bla" and just crashes... Then loads my windows...
What i need to post? The error screen? But i can see only for 1 second..

Did you set DVMT-prealloc as mentioned in the FAQ?

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Did you set DVMT-prealloc as mentioned in the FAQ?

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).
DVMT done, i set it to 128mb.
My clover and error that i got...

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2 MB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0157.PNG
    IMG_0157.PNG
    649.2 KB · Views: 250
DVMT done, i set it to 128mb.
My clover and error that i got...

How did you verify DVMT at 128mb? Are you checking the value in the UEFI shell?

Also, 64mb is the recommended setting.

How did you verify DVMT at 128mb? Are you checking the value in the UEFI shell?
I am checking it with the help of windows, as shown in tutorials)
Also, 64mb is the recommended setting.

I am checking it with the help of windows, as shown in tutorials)

I can see you didn't read the FAQ...

RehabMan;1045259 said:
IMPORTANT!: Contrary to many of the guides you will read, Windows is NOT a valid way to determine what DVMT-prealloc is set to. There is no correlation, especially with Windows 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back