Graphics
RX 590
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hi,
I need some buying advice in terms of graphics card. Bottom line is :

Should I wait and get the 1170/1180 ?
Or
Get 1170 now and may be change in a year/keep it ?

Last time, when the 1070 came out, I bought it and went through the longest waiting period for nvidia drivers to show up. I got fed up after 5 months of waiting and then sold that beautifull card. I'm kinda worried about same thing happening with 11 series graphics card too.

@Gigamaxx Any advice will be welcome. Although I know you are into AMD cards.

Last edited:
Haven't heard anything about the 11th series cards other than learning cards. There also no idea if they will support it in macOS since it's been quite some time since Apple has used Nvidia and who knows if they will since the Mac Pro 5,1 is reaching EOL.

@thedocbwarren thanks mate. we were waiting for some time for 10 series nvidia drivers. and then apple made an announcement and boom, the drivers came from nvidia. But I feel what you are saying. This might not be the case for 11 series though. Like they might not release drivers. This is what I'm trying to figure out.

Oh I remember! That was tragic. I hope if Volta does come out (read it may be a month away) we hear something but it could be the same situation as before.

@thedocbwarren thanks mate. we were waiting for some time for 10 series nvidia drivers. and then apple made an announcement and boom, the drivers came from nvidia. But I feel what you are saying. This might not be the case for 11 series though. Like they might not release drivers. This is what I'm trying to figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back