Contribute
Register

Video Guide - Snow Leopard on an ASUS P7P55D - [10.6.8]

I will try it. On the nvidia site there is no snowleopard driver. I'm curious to know what I hae to conclude.

Thanks beelzebozo

Firstly, THANK YOU!!!!!

This is my first Hackintosh and almost everything is working perfectly. My issue is sound.

Now, I have sound, but it skips every now and then.
I have searched on and off for about two weeks with little result. I also tried your POWER TRICK but unfortunately it didn't solve my problem. I have tried all the Voodoo kexts with the same problem. I have tried VLC, QuickTime, and iTunes. All have the same issue.

This is quite an important issue as I am setting this up as a music workstation for editing, recording, and composing. I am using an Edirol FA-101 comnected with FireWire.

Please OP, with your expansive experience I hope to solve a nightmare.

My specs:
P7P55D i5 Core 760 @2.8Ghz
4Gb DDR 3 1337 MHz
GeForce 9800 GTX

brendanvincent said:
Firstly, THANK YOU!!!!!

This is my first Hackintosh and almost everything is working perfectly. My issue is sound.

I have searched on and off for about two weeks with little result. I also tried your POWER TRICK but unfortunately it didn't solve my problem. I have tried all the Voodoo kexts with the same problem. I have tried VLC, QuickTime, and iTunes. All have the same issue.

This is quite an important issue as I am setting this up as a music workstation for editing, recording, and composing. I am using an Edirol FA-101 comnected with FireWire.

My specs:
4Gb DDR 3 1337 MHz
GeForce 9800 GTX

Congrats! Might try installing a DSDT if you haven't already to smooth that out.

I've had a few issues with getting my hack up and running, and now I seem to have hit a wall! I had installed it working several times, but kept having it freeze up / not be able to start / begin skipping after a few days and had to start over.

Now it has stopped working completely! I can't get iBoot to work, and I get this error

EBIOS read error: Device timeout
Block 0x64028 Sectors 0

I reset my Bios to default, and then reset to AHCI etc (as listed on lifehacker 8 easy steps tutorial) and keep getting this error! My computer has become completely useless and I'm beginning to question my hack building experiment. Any suggestion on what could fix this issue?

tdevine33 said:
I've had a few issues with getting my hack up and running, and now I seem to have hit a wall! I had installed it working several times, but kept having it freeze up / not be able to start / begin skipping after a few days and had to start over.

Now it has stopped working completely! I can't get iBoot to work, and I get this error

EBIOS read error: Device timeout
Block 0x64028 Sectors 0

I reset my Bios to default, and then reset to AHCI etc (as listed on lifehacker 8 easy steps tutorial) and keep getting this error! My computer has become completely useless and I'm beginning to question my hack building experiment. Any suggestion on what could fix this issue?

Are you trying to install with 8GB of memory? If that is the case take out half of the memory, because Chimera only supports 4GB of memory. You can put it back in once you have everything set up. Also make sure your HDD is partitioned so that no partition is larger than one TB. So in your case you need at minimum a 1TB partition and a 500GB partition (if the 1.5 TB is where you are booting from). It might also help to plug the OSX HDD into in SATA bay 0.

I have taken one of my sticks of memory, so I'm only running on 4GB now, and I have my HD partitioned for less then 1TB.

I can't even get iBoot working now, I put in the disc, press f8, book from the disc drive and it gets that error. It appears to be an issue with the IDE DVD drive that I'm using and I'm ordering a new SATA drive this week and will update with how it goes!

Thanks for the suggestions!

tdevine33 said:
I have taken one of my sticks of memory, so I'm only running on 4GB now, and I have my HD partitioned for less then 1TB.

I can't even get iBoot working now, I put in the disc, press f8, book from the disc drive and it gets that error. It appears to be an issue with the IDE DVD drive that I'm using and I'm ordering a new SATA drive this week and will update with how it goes!

Thanks for the suggestions!

Do you have anything plugged into the white SATA ports? If so move them to the blue ones. Additionally make sure that your optical drive is #1 on your boot order in your BIOS instead of booting with F8

brendanvincent said:
Firstly, THANK YOU!!!!!

My specs:
4Gb DDR 3 1337 MHz
GeForce 9800 GTX

Hooray I found the solution to the audio glitches. After following the guide installing snow leopard on P7P55D-E PRO using iboot and multibeast I was disappointed to come across the audio glitches. I tried installing the DSDT file and the power chord trick with no luck. With my profire2626 and tascam 1082, these pops and crackles drove me mad. I had to set the buffers to 512 to get a crackle free performance from Logic. I noticed that when ever there was a sudden increase in CPU usage there were crackles and pauses of playing sound. My theory was that it's a timing issue at the kernel level due to the fake smc kext. But hey I am no computer expert!

So I skipped the last step of the guide; installing multibeast. Yes that's right do not install multibeast. Only caveat is that I have to use the iboot cd to boot my hackintosh all the time. So I do not have an extra folder, no fake smc kext, no voodooHDA kext and no kext for LAN. But every thing is working fine.

Now I can set my buffers to 128 with no crackles. I have set up an aggregate device with motherboard audio+profire+tascam. The profire and the tascam clocks are synched to the spdif out from the motherboard.

So I suggest a fresh install and do not install multibeast, use iboot CD to boot the machine.

pakaya said:
brendanvincent said:
Firstly, THANK YOU!!!!!

My specs:
4Gb DDR 3 1337 MHz
GeForce 9800 GTX

Hooray I found the solution to the audio glitches. After following the guide installing snow leopard on P7P55D-E PRO using iboot and multibeast I was disappointed to come across the audio glitches. I tried installing the DSDT file and the power chord trick with no luck. With my profire2626 and tascam 1082, these pops and crackles drove me mad. I had to set the buffers to 512 to get a crackle free performance from Logic. I noticed that when ever there was a sudden increase in CPU usage there were crackles and pauses of playing sound. My theory was that it's a timing issue at the kernel level due to the fake smc kext. But hey I am no computer expert!

So I skipped the last step of the guide; installing multibeast. Yes that's right do not install multibeast. Only caveat is that I have to use the iboot cd to boot my hackintosh all the time. So I do not have an extra folder, no fake smc kext, no voodooHDA kext and no kext for LAN. But every thing is working fine.

Now I can set my buffers to 128 with no crackles. I have set up an aggregate device with motherboard audio+profire+tascam. The profire and the tascam clocks are synched to the spdif out from the motherboard.

So I suggest a fresh install and do not install multibeast, use iboot CD to boot the machine.

Use iBoot only? I think that is a bad idea.

You can try just installing FakeSMC from MultiBeast. Having to boot using only iBoot is not the optimal choice.

I'm afraid that didn't work for me. My sound was choppy even before I installed Multibeast.

This issue is unfortunately ruining my Hackintosh experience. The machine is beautifully fast, easy to use, and does everything I want it to - except play music smoothly.

I am desperate for a solution
I tried the install without the DSDT, with the DSDT, the power cable trick, the NullCPUpower management Kext, and I even tried this one:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... try1755978

No luck.
I hope to find a solution soon which doesn't involve selling my hardware.

Dear OP, you da man

Back