Contribute
Register

Video Guide - Snow Leopard on an ASUS P7P55D - [10.6.8]

Re: Video Guide - Installing Snow Leopard on an ASUS P7P55D.

The voodoohda prefpane will throw errors if you have mismatched versions from the voodoodha driver that is installed.

It's best to remove the prefpane before installing another version of voodoohda.

Re: Video Guide - Installing Snow Leopard on an ASUS P7P55D.

It seems I have run into further errors. After installing another 4gb RAM, I can no longer boot; it hangs on an IAOPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87.

Is there a step I missed before upping my memory? Certainly considering a total reinstallation in order to avoid previous issues, but I have a feeling this has something to do with the RAM increase...

(If all this keeps happening I'll stop clogging up your thread, sorry!)

NashX said:
Hey,

Is there anyway to jump from 10.6.7 to 10.6.8 without having to start from a clean install? My system is currently running rock-steady (6+ hours daily for over a month, now) following these guides up to 10.6.7, with a custom DSDT from Auto DSDT patcher.

Yes, you can do that. This is just a clean install demo and update to 10.6.8.

To update to 10.6.8 for an existing system, run the combo update, and install the NVIDIA driver update; then restart.

beelzebozo said:
NashX said:

To update to 10.6.8 for an existing system, run the combo update, and install the NVIDIA driver update; then restart.

Oh really, that's it? Do I need to do multi beast again, or get my custom dsdt back in there?

NashX said:
beelzebozo said:
NashX said:

Oh really, that's it? Do I need to do multi beast again, or get my custom dsdt back in there?

That depends. If you are running a P7P55D motherboard, then no; from your profile it looks like you're running a Gigabyte motherboard.

Take a look here at what you might need to do if you fall into this category.

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/06/mac-os-x-1068-update.html

I have an EVGA GTX460. Will the same procedure and driver work?

Back