Contribute
Register

Video Guide - Snow Leopard on an ASUS P7P55D - [10.6.8]

brendanvincent said:
I'm afraid that didn't work for me. My sound was choppy even before I installed Multibeast.

This issue is unfortunately ruining my Hackintosh experience. The machine is beautifully fast, easy to use, and does everything I want it to - except play music smoothly.

I am desperate for a solution
I tried the install without the DSDT, with the DSDT, the power cable trick, the NullCPUpower management Kext, and I even tried this one:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... try1755978

No luck.
I hope to find a solution soon which doesn't involve selling my hardware.

Dear OP, you da man

Did you try VoodooHDA 0.2.1 from MultiBeast?

Complete legend. I couldn't get it to work until i followed your excellent step by step!

Next on to the tricky side of dual booting with win7 with boot camp not working

forkbeard said:
Complete legend. I couldn't get it to work until i followed your excellent step by step!

Next on to the tricky side of dual booting with win7 with boot camp not working

Chimera allows you to multiboot. Bootcamp doesn't work on a hack.

beelzebozo said:

Hi Beelzebozo.

Yes I did try 0.2.1
I found an update to the VIA sound card. It is called VT1828S. Do you know anything about it? I am about to try it out.

Update soon...
Update: Didn't work. I found this site which claims there is a 2.7.2 update. Somehow I think it must the 0.2.72. What do you folks think? http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/downloads/list

brendanvincent said:
beelzebozo said:

Hi Beelzebozo.

Yes I did try 0.2.1
I found an update to the VIA sound card. It is called VT1828S. Do you know anything about it? I am about to try it out.

Update soon...
Update: Didn't work. I found this site which claims there is a 2.7.2 update. Somehow I think it must the 0.2.72. What do you folks think? http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/downloads/list

VoodooHDA is a generic audio kext and it should work with your board. You did do the power chord trick right? It unlocks the audio codec.

Yes, I did the power cord trick.

The only thing I can think of that is still causing the issue is my Audio interface. I think I have to disable my onboard sound card. I tried in BIOS but I don't think it worked.
:yawn:

I now have both AppleHDA enablers and Voodoo installed at the same time. The pops are still occurring which leads me to believe there is a problem with OSX communicating with my Edirol FA-101. It is connected via FireWire

My sound works without Kexts as well so the problem is possibly an interference with the P7P55D audio Chip. I have tried disabling the VIA audio chip in Windows 7 which didn't produce any change in OSX, except for no audio in Windows.

brendanvincent said:
Beezlebozo, any new ideas on my persistent problem?

I just read you have a FireWire audio card? Is that what is choppy or is it the onboard audio that is?

Hi!

Essentially, I am not even using the on board audio card because the audio interface runs without kexts.
I installed the audio kexts as a necessity which neither affected nor solved the problem.

I have thought about updating the FireWire kexts, but it seems there are no newer ones.
I don't know too much about this stuff, but I imagine that the problem is a conflict with the FireWire audio and the onboard audio card. I have tried disabling the VIA card in Win7 but it didn't make a difference (to OSX) although I don't know for sure if simply disabling it in software would actually turn it off.

I look forward to hearing what you think about this. Please let me know if you need any specific information. (So far, I have done numerous installs, and have most recently installed 10.6.7. All the installs have had exactly the same problem, with no other issues whatsoever. Your guide is brilliant)

Thanks Beezlebozo.

Back