Contribute
Register

Video Guide - Snow Leopard on an ASUS P7P55D - [10.6.8]

Re: Video Guide - Installing Snow Leopard on an ASUS P7P55D.

wywh said:
beelzebozo said:
You need to download a combo update instead and you don't have to reboot after it installs even though it states that you need to reboot.

Install your options from MultiBeast including System Utilities and then reboot.

I did it. I followed your guide in every step, and i installed combo udpates 10.6.6, then Multibeast ecc. Despite this the Apple Updates message appears. It is about safari, the itunes' new version ecc. If downolad these updates, then it automatically reboots and doesn't work anymore.

Is there any option i have to follow when this scripts appears? Otherwise simply i never downolad them :D

That's weird because my system is fully up to date. Try downloading those updates after your combo update reboot.

hi, I would like to know is it work for "ASUS-P7P55D-E-LX-" motherboard? and do I need the "DSDT" file? or will below spec. works?

CPU: i5/760
Motherboard: Asus P7P55D-E LX
RAM: 4G KINGSTON DDR3 1600/ 2G*2
VIDEO CARD: ASUS EAH5670 1G
HD: WD 1TB SATA3-6GBIT/S
DVD: SONY DRU-880S

THANKS!

Hi, great tutorial.

I'm having trouble at the very end of this process.

I've installed SL OSX, ran Multibeast using the Easy install, and it can boot from the HD now... When I reboot my comp it loads the launch section and everything looks good. It starts loading, but then I get the screen the white screen in different languages that says I "most power down the computer."

So frustrating to run into this screen seemingly every step of the way! I'm wondering what the problem is.

Nevermind. I went back through and read the iBoot + Multibeast thread and rewatched your video. Success! Now to press on towards the next glitch to fix! :D. Thanks

Thanks for your guide. It is very helpful

ti_marc_51324 said:
I did purshase snow leo !! I have a 10.6.0 and a 10.6.3 snow Leo !!!

If you want to install a retail installation, I have several video tutorials in this post showing how it's done. It's very simple.

Hi, i've a little question about graphics resolution in chamaleon.
My Display Lcd have a 16:9 aspect ratio, what resolution should I enter, to have a correct view?
:wave:

Hi. I'm about to attempt this install on my system, in order to dual boot with Windows 7. I just have a few questions:

1 - Does your latest video still apply for 10.6.7?

2 - Is iBoot 3.0.2 fine, or should I try and find version 2.6 as you used?

3 - I only have an IDE DVD drive; will this be an issue?

4 - Once/if I've installed everything OK, can I plug all my PCI cards back in (for Windows) without issue?

Thanks! Your videos are very easy to follow, and make me fairly confident about this whole thing :).

[Also, I've overclocked my CPU. Is that an issue?]

OK, almost everything is looking good; went out to get a cheap SATA DVD drive, and the install process went off without any major hassles. My only issue is with the sound. I installed the latest version of the VoodooHDA driver from Multibeast, and whilst there is indeed sound, it is stuttery. When I go to the VoodooHDA settings two error boxes appear saying "Wrong Channels Number 0...24"

I'm at a loss, here :(. If I wanted to try another version of Voodoo, how would I install it safely?

NashX said:
OK, almost everything is looking good; went out to get a cheap SATA DVD drive, and the install process went off without any major hassles. My only issue is with the sound. I installed the latest version of the VoodooHDA driver from Multibeast, and whilst there is indeed sound, it is stuttery. When I go to the VoodooHDA settings two error boxes appear saying "Wrong Channels Number 0...24"

I'm at a loss, here :(. If I wanted to try another version of Voodoo, how would I install it safely?

Installing a user DSDT may resolve stuttering audio with VoodooHDA.

Back