Contribute
Register

Vega 56 Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have tried to get this to work several times; I am unable to get the Intel FB Patcher to work, probably due to operator error, but I am considering going back to my 1080 and just downgrading to High Sierra. Oddly, when I booted into the recovery partition, all 3 monitors came on...which I found weird, given no kexts or configs loading for that...any idea why that would happen in recovery and not in the OS? It did it in both High Sierra and Mojave.

Any help would be appreciated before I downgrade!

Try this EFI.

Be sure to backup your existing EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.4 MB · Views: 130
Try this EFI.

Be sure to backup your existing EFI.
Awesome! This worked perfectly! Is it possible to explain what I was missing? I'd like to understand what I was getting hung up on.

Is there something I can do about the fans running at 100%? I know that this is a common issue, but just curious if you are having the same problem.

Thanks again for the help in getting this working for me!

Awesome! This worked perfectly! Is it possible to explain what I was missing? I'd like to understand what I was getting hung up on.

Is there something I can do about the fans running at 100%? I know that this is a common issue, but just curious if you are having the same problem.

Thanks again for the help in getting this working for me!

The EFI that I posted just includes all the stuff I mentioned in post #9. This EFI is in fact what I posted in my Z370 build thread and is used by quite a few people. In that thread, you will find all the information you will ever need. Link is below in my signature.

If your Vega is a reference design, you can control the fan using the VGTab utility. It's attached to post #1 of my Z370 build thread.

The EFI that I posted just includes all the stuff I mentioned in post #9. This EFI is in fact what I posted in my Z370 build thread and is used by quite a few people. In that thread, you will find all the information you will ever need. Link is below in my signature.

If your Vega is a reference design, you can control the fan using the VGTab utility. It's attached to post #1 of my Z370 build thread.
Awesome!! Thanks for your help! My system is fully up and running again. Can't thank you enough!

Hello good sir :) i have a pretty much same system as your just the Designare version , i have issues with two Displayports not working , would you mind sharing your EFI , or take a look at mine please , thank you

Attachments

• 03-28 Revised.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 60
Hello good sir :) i have a pretty much same system as your just the Designare version , i have issues with two Displayports not working , would you mind sharing your EFI , or take a look at mine please , thank you

You can always find my EFI folder in my build thread. Link is below in my signature.

All the video out ports on your Radeon VII should be working if you have WhateverGreen installed.

You can always find my EFI folder in my build thread. Link is below in my signature.

All the video out ports on your Radeon VII should be working if you have WhateverGreen installed.
thats the issue i have all of it installed and kext is loaded but if i use imac then i only get one screen :(

thats the issue i have all of it installed and kext is loaded but if i use imac then i only get one screen :(

I only have one monitor so I've only tested the video out ports one at a time.

I only have one monitor so I've only tested the video out ports one at a time.
i see , my only solution is using 6,1 smbios but i run in to sleep issues , hack refuses to restart after wake , and after a longer sleep will not wake up even tho system seems to run ,

i see , my only solution is using 6,1 smbios but i run in to sleep issues , hack refuses to restart after wake , and after a longer sleep will not wake up even tho system seems to run ,

I never tried MacPro6,1. I've only used iMac18,x, iMac19,x, and iMacPro1,1. Sleep/wake works for all of them and all the video out ports on my Radeon VII works with WhateverGreen.

Currently, WhateverGreen is removed from my build because it was causing HDMI audio related kernel panics on wake with macOS 10.15.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back