i7 7700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Good evening all,

Since upgrading to 10.14, I have decided to switch to the XFX AMD Radeon Vega 56 from an Nvidia 1080 since the web drivers have yet to be updated. The card works fine, except that I am limited to one monitor, instead of the triple monitor setup that I had with the 1080. I have gone through the guides/forums/try this, try that, only to be met with one working monitor. I have tried the WhateverGreen.kext, the VegaGraphicsFixup.kext, SSDT for both options that are for the Vega series, yet no avail.

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. MacOS detects the correct graphics card--just only allows output on one monitor; when running the bios decoder, it only reports one DisplayPort connection. I have changed my SYMBIOS from iMac 17_1 to iMacPro1_1, and still nothing. Any help is appreciated!

@fuzzylumpkins, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
if you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Good evening all,

Since upgrading to 10.14, I have decided to switch to the XFX AMD Radeon Vega 56 from an Nvidia 1080 since the web drivers have yet to be updated. The card works fine, except that I am limited to one monitor, instead of the triple monitor setup that I had with the 1080. I have gone through the guides/forums/try this, try that, only to be met with one working monitor. I have tried the WhateverGreen.kext, the VegaGraphicsFixup.kext, SSDT for both options that are for the Vega series, yet no avail.

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. MacOS detects the correct graphics card--just only allows output on one monitor; when running the bios decoder, it only reports one DisplayPort connection. I have changed my SYMBIOS from iMac 17_1 to iMacPro1_1, and still nothing. Any help is appreciated!

In my testing, the latest WhateverGreen enabled all the DisplayPorts on my Vega 56. Without WhateverGreen, only one DisplayPort and the HDMI are enabled. I'm using iMac18,3 system definition.

In my testing, the latest WhateverGreen enabled all the DisplayPorts on my Vega 56. Without WhateverGreen, only one DisplayPort and the HDMI are enabled. I'm using iMac18,3 system definition.
So tried that. Still having the same issue; is something with the NVRAM in Clover causing the issue? I switched from an Nvidia 1080...

So tried that. Still having the same issue; is something with the NVRAM in Clover causing the issue? I switched from an Nvidia 1080...

Please post your EFI folder.

I did uninstall the web drivers.

Attached is my EFI Folder.

In BIOS, make sure that you set your Vega 56 to be primary.
Uncheck APSN in config.plist > ACPI.
Uncheck APFF in config.plist > ACPI.
Uncheck Inject Intel in config.plist > Graphics.
Uncheck RadeonDeInit in config.plist > Graphics.
Use Intel FB Patcher to inject ig-platform-id. End result should look something like this:
Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 9.20.17 AM.png

For Clover, I recommend removing OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and switch the AptioMemoryFix-64.efi.
If you remove OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, you can also remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and the scripts. Do do so, you can use this tool.

In BIOS, make sure that you set your Vega 56 to be primary.
Uncheck APSN in config.plist > ACPI.
Uncheck APFF in config.plist > ACPI.
Uncheck Inject Intel in config.plist > Graphics.
Uncheck RadeonDeInit in config.plist > Graphics.
Use Intel FB Patcher to inject ig-platform-id. End result should look something like this:
View attachment 354927

For Clover, I recommend removing OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and switch the AptioMemoryFix-64.efi.
If you remove OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, you can also remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and the scripts. Do do so, you can use this tool.

So I have tried to get this to work several times; I am unable to get the Intel FB Patcher to work, probably due to operator error, but I am considering going back to my 1080 and just downgrading to High Sierra. Oddly, when I booted into the recovery partition, all 3 monitors came on...which I found weird, given no kexts or configs loading for that...any idea why that would happen in recovery and not in the OS? It did it in both High Sierra and Mojave.

Any help would be appreciated before I downgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back