Contribute
Register

Using a Presonus Quantum Thunderbolt 2 Audio Interface...HELP

Try 3.52 UC driver. Anything appears in About this Mac - More Info - PCI when the 2626 is plugged and powered?

A reboot from Windows with Quantum 2626 recognized?

Sorry, I think I have exhausted the possible culprits? Your SMBIOS is one from a suitable Thunderbolt Mac (probably iMac)?

I will look this. Is it import this section in the picture? (sorry for my english - Brazil)
Yeah, I took a snapshot on my iPad and clicked the little « picture » thingie in the reply :).

Hello friends.

I did a clean install of macOS Big Sur on my system and installed the latest driver and firmware from the PreSonus website.

The good news is that the card is now paired and recognized in Universal Control.

However, the sound is totally distorted and unrecognizable.

If anyone has any ideas of what I can do at this point, I'd appreciate it.

I haven't compiled the DSDT and SSDT yet to see if it helps. I will study how to do this.

Strong hug
great

Hello friends.

I did a clean install of macOS Big Sur on my system and installed the latest driver and firmware from the PreSonus website.

The good news is that the card is now paired and recognized in Universal Control.

However, the sound is totally distorted and unrecognizable.

If anyone has any ideas of what I can do at this point, I'd appreciate it.

I haven't compiled the DSDT and SSDT yet to see if it helps. I will study how to do this.

Strong hug
great
Here (choppy playback): https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...io-interface-help.226705/page-31#post-2298095

Solution (revert back to the first driver compatible with Big Sur): https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...io-interface-help.226705/page-32#post-2302484

Personally, I would try 3.5.2 first then, if it still garbles, 3.4.2.
It’ll probably ask you to downgrade the firmware though!

IMG_2810.png

IMG_2809.png

Hello dear friends.

I tested several possibilities and I was successful in installing version 3.6.4.87069.

I discovered, through an accessory shop, that the Thunderbolt chip on my motherboard is the "Intel DSL 3510".

Below is the PCI Devices report from Hackintool and also some prints, showing that the interface is being recognized.

The problem insists that the audio is all "broken", leaving "o... ne.. sin... gle... wor... d...".

If I leave the hardware turned on, after a few minutes the hackintosh crashes.

If, with the attachments, they can still help, I would be grateful.

Strong hug!

Attachments

• pcidevices.plist
    11.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Captura de Tela 2023-05-22 às 17.44.43.png
    Captura de Tela 2023-05-22 às 17.44.43.png
    140.7 KB · Views: 13
Hello dear friends.

I tested several possibilities and I was successful in installing version 3.6.4.87069.

I discovered, through an accessory shop, that the Thunderbolt chip on my motherboard is the "Intel DSL 3510".

Below is the PCI Devices report from Hackintool and also some prints, showing that the interface is being recognized.

The problem insists that the audio is all "broken", leaving "o... ne.. sin... gle... wor... d...".

If I leave the hardware turned on, after a few minutes the hackintosh crashes.

If, with the attachments, they can still help, I would be grateful.

Strong hug!
Did you tried 3.5.2?

Back