CPU
Intel i9
Graphics
Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hmm, not sure. I actually have both running together as aggregate devices. I have some mics connected to my VRS8 and I use it to record some of the sources in another room, and I use Apollo x4 for monitoring and the other 4 inputs. I have VT-d enabled and it's rock solid.
Hmm weird. If I recall correctly, you have the VRS connected via HDMI right? Could that be it? Could you be so kind as to point me to the most important steps in this thread to make it all work? I read through it all, but I'm new to the Hackintosh game, so I'm sure I didn't get all of it :|
Everything else works fine basically, it's just the thing of getting both to work together.
I also tried connecting only the Apollo directly and not the VRS and got no response as well - or I actually did get kind of a response, but it froze when loading and couldn't get a connection signal from the Apollo. I just want to use my UAD plugins, that's basically it :crazy:

Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hmm weird. If I recall correctly, you have the VRS connected via HDMI right? Could that be it? Could you be so kind as to point me to the most important steps in this thread to make it all work? I read through it all, but I'm new to the Hackintosh game, so I'm sure I didn't get all of it :|
Everything else works fine basically, it's just the thing of getting both to work together.
I also tried connecting only the Apollo directly and not the VRS and got no response as well - or I actually did get kind of a response, but it froze when loading and couldn't get a connection signal from the Apollo. I just want to use my UAD plugins, that's basically it :crazy:
No, I have both connected via TH3 now. I sold the extra HDMI card.

Motherboard
Gigabyte X299 Designare
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi all!!

Hope you are all well and survining the current climate!

Just to chime back here on this thread, I recently did a fresh install on this same machine with Catalina. Downloaded the quantum driver and went to edit it, but noticed it connected right away! Checking the code it appears they now included ICPC tunnelled in the driver.

So quantum officially works OOTB with hackintoshes :)

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 7
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX TITAN X
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. LC
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all!!

Just to chime back here on this thread, I recently did a fresh install on this same machine with Catalina. Downloaded the quantum driver and went to edit it, but noticed it connected right away! Checking the code it appears they now included ICPC tunnelled in the driver.

The latest driver (Universal Control v3.3.0.59348) doesn't have "IOPCITunnelled" in quantum_driver.kext. Maybe you changed your Clover config to add it, or maybe you're using new flashed Thunderbolt add-in card firmware so macOS recognizes it or something or maybe you have a different driver? Where did you download it from?

Motherboard
ASROCK X570M Pro4
CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 3600x
Graphics
Gigabyte RX 5500 XT Gaming OC 8G
Hi I am reporting that I got my Presonus Quantum 2626 Thunderbolt 3 interface working with my Dual Boot Windows/macOS AMD Ryzen build on Catalina

I am using Asrock's own Thunderbolt 3 AIC R2.0 instead of Gigabyte's Titan Ridge 2.0 on my Asrock x570M Pro4 Mobo. I entered @joevt code from post #292 into the terminal, reset and it works like a charm in Windows and connects in macOS.

No hotplug support in macOS yet and I have to soft boot from Windows first or reset the Quantum's power during the Opencore Boot Menu until it's LED blinks blue, otherwise it works fine.

Hi all!!

I don't think that this is true. I downloaded the latest Universal Control (v3.3.0.59348) from Presonus and my Quantum didn't connect until after I entered @joevt's code. I believe that once the "IOPCITunnelled" is introduced in the kext it will remain there even after you update Universal Control.

For those who are still having trouble I suggest uninstalling Universal Control completely, Disable SIP,
Download the latest driver directly from Presonus, Use Finder to search for "quantum_driver.kext" to make sure it appears in the proper folders and then enter the code from post #292.

You may have to reset, warm boot from Windows or reset the interface during Opencore like I did.

Last edited:
Motherboard
gigabyte z390 D
CPU
9900k i9
Graphics
AMD RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Massive thanks to those on this thread. For over a year I've been living with regular audio dropouts from apollo x twin, trying different settings in bios, usb configurations etc. to varying degrees of success.

Today I bought a 2626 and it works out of the box, flawlessly, with better conversion than the apollo, and smooth continuous audio regardless of what else is running. Cheers!

Motherboard
AsRock X570 Taichi
CPU
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Graphics
Ryzen RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Are you

Are you using the latest driver from Oct 22, 2019 "Universal Control v3.1.1.54569"?

Is the quantum_driver.kext in /System/Library/Extensions or /Library/Extensions? I think the default location is /Library/Extensions. If both exist, delete the one in /System/Library/Extensions.

Install the driver normally. Check that only one copy of it exists in /Library/Extensions.

The following will download the latest driver, extract the files to a new presonus folder in your home folder, modify the quantum_driver.kext, install it, load it, and rebuild the kext cache. You can copy this into a BBEdit worksheet file, select all, press enter to execute the selection. Or use Terminal.app.

Code:
[ -d ~/presonus ] || mkdir ~/presonus
cd ~/presonus
curl -s 'https://pae-web.presonusmusic.com/downloads/products/dmg/Universal_Control_3_1_1_54569.dmg' > Universal_Control_3_1_1_54569.dmg
hdiutil attach Universal_Control_3_1_1_54569.dmg
pkgutil --expand-full /Volumes/PreSonus\ Universal\ Control/PreSonus\ Universal\ Control.pkg PreSonus\ Universal\ Control
cp -R PreSonus\ Universal\ Control/TB\ Audio\ Driver.pkg/Payload/Library/Extensions/quantum_driver.kext quantum_driver.kext
plutil  -insert 'IOKitPersonalities.Quantum1.IOPCITunnelled' -bool true quantum_driver.kext/Contents/Info.plist
plutil  -insert 'IOKitPersonalities.Quantum2.IOPCITunnelled' -bool true quantum_driver.kext/Contents/Info.plist
plutil  -insert 'IOKitPersonalities.Quantum2626.IOPCITunnelled' -bool true quantum_driver.kext/Contents/Info.plist
plutil  -insert 'IOKitPersonalities.Quantum4848.IOPCITunnelled' -bool true quantum_driver.kext/Contents/Info.plist

mount | grep ' on / ' | grep 'read-only' && sudo mount -uw /
[[ -d /quantum_driver.kext ]] && sudo rm -R /quantum_driver.kext
sudo cp -R quantum_driver.kext /quantum_driver.kext
cd /
sudo chown -R root:wheel quantum_driver.kext
sudo find quantum_driver.kext -type d -exec /bin/chmod 0755 {} \;
sudo find quantum_driver.kext -type f -exec /bin/chmod 0644 {} \;
[[ -d /System/Library/Extensions/quantum_driver.kext ]] && sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/quantum_driver.kext
[[ -d /Library/Extensions/quantum_driver.kext ]] && sudo rm -R /Library/Extensions/quantum_driver.kext
sudo mv quantum_driver.kext /Library/Extensions
sudo kextload -v 6 /Library/Extensions/quantum_driver.kext
sudo kextcache -i /
echo "done"
Hi @joevt,

I have a x570 Taichi paired with Titan Ridge TB3 Card, TB is working but my Presonus quantum 4848 is not... I tryed your code, but unfurtunatly BigSur has protected the drives and I can not pass through "mount | grep ' on / ' | grep 'read-only' && sudo mount -uw /" since I have this error:

mount_apfs: volume could not be mounted: Permission denied
mount: / failed with 66

I cant get pass this, by any chance do you have the quantum_driver.kext already edit so I can just install it?
Or another solution?

Many thanks!

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 7
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX TITAN X
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. LC
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @joevt,

I have a x570 Taichi paired with Titan Ridge TB3 Card, TB is working but my Presonus quantum 4848 is not... I tryed your code, but unfurtunatly BigSur has protected the drives and I can not pass through "mount | grep ' on / ' | grep 'read-only' && sudo mount -uw /" since I have this error:

mount_apfs: volume could not be mounted: Permission denied
mount: / failed with 66

I cant get pass this, by any chance do you have the quantum_driver.kext already edit so I can just install it?
Or another solution?

Many thanks!
In Big Sur, we don't have access to the root directory / so we need to modify the commands that use that directory.
First, remove the mount command because Big Sur won't allow us to mount the root directory as writable.
Make a temporary directory, to copy the kext to.
Also, in Big Sur, we can't install to /System/Library/Extensions so might as well remove that.
kextload and kextcache are probably useless in Big Sur too.

Code:
cd ~/presonus
curl -s 'https://pae-web.presonusmusic.com/downloads/products/dmg/Universal_Control_3_1_1_54569.dmg' > Universal_Control_3_1_1_54569.dmg
pkgutil --expand-full /Volumes/PreSonus\ Universal\ Control/PreSonus\ Universal\ Control.pkg PreSonus\ Universal\ Control
cp -R PreSonus\ Universal\ Control/TB\ Audio\ Driver.pkg/Payload/Library/Extensions/quantum_driver.kext quantum_driver.kext
plutil  -insert 'IOKitPersonalities.Quantum1.IOPCITunnelled' -bool true quantum_driver.kext/Contents/Info.plist
plutil  -insert 'IOKitPersonalities.Quantum2.IOPCITunnelled' -bool true quantum_driver.kext/Contents/Info.plist
plutil  -insert 'IOKitPersonalities.Quantum2626.IOPCITunnelled' -bool true quantum_driver.kext/Contents/Info.plist
plutil  -insert 'IOKitPersonalities.Quantum4848.IOPCITunnelled' -bool true quantum_driver.kext/Contents/Info.plist

tempdir="$(maketemp -d)"
sudo cp -R quantum_driver.kext "$tempdir/quantum_driver.kext"
cd "$tempdir"
[[ -d /Library/Extensions/quantum_driver.kext ]] && sudo rm -R /Library/Extensions/quantum_driver.kext
echo "done"

Once it's installed, go to System Preferences.app, select Security & Privacy preferences panel, allow the new kext. Restart.

Motherboard
AsRock X570 Taichi
CPU
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Graphics
Ryzen RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
In Big Sur, we don't have access to the root directory / so we need to modify the commands that use that directory.
First, remove the mount command because Big Sur won't allow us to mount the root directory as writable.
Also, in Big Sur, we can't install to /System/Library/Extensions so might as well remove that.

Code:
cd ~/presonus

tempdir="$(maketemp -d)"
cd "$tempdir"
echo "done"

Once it's installed, go to System Preferences.app, select Security & Privacy preferences panel, allow the new kext. Restart.
Life saver!

Success!

Motherboard
AsRock X570 Taichi
CPU
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Graphics
Ryzen RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air

Code:
cd ~/presonus

tempdir="$(maketemp -d)"
cd "$tempdir"
echo "done"

Sorry maybe I was to fast to call it a success.
It turns out it works but as soon as play audio I can only play it for -+ 30 seconds and then I hear a beep sound, everithyng freezes and my hackintosh restarts.

Anyone know any sonutions to this?
I have a X570 Taichi with a 6800XT and a Titan Ridge TB3
Bigsur 11.4, OpenCore 0.6.8

Thanks!