Contribute
Register

Using a Presonus Quantum Thunderbolt 2 Audio Interface...HELP

Do you have the TB2 to TB3 adapter for the 2626? The Quantum 2626 is TB3 and if I’m not mistaken, your MB supports only TB version 1!

Do you have any other Thunderbolt device to verify that your ports are functioning under MacOS (hotplug, aml patches, etc…)?
Hello my friend,

I have the adapter, original from Apple. On Windows, it works perfectly.
Unfortunately, I don't have any other Thunderbolt equipment to check.
The system report states that there is no equipment connected.

What can I do?

I don't think it's a cable-related issue. Thanks a lot for the help!

Do you have the TB2 to TB3 adapter for the 2626? The Quantum 2626 is TB3 and if I’m not mistaken, your MB supports only TB version 1!

Do you have any other Thunderbolt device to verify that your ports are functioning under MacOS (hotplug, aml patches, etc…)?
I'm not a hackintosh expert. I don't know anything about "aml patches".

Here a couple of threads about your MB:

@Stork build: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-build-i5-3570k-ga-z77x-up5-th-gtx-760.73112/

Check my latest post and take a look at @Stork build.
The @Stork build was my inspiration for building this hackintosh many years ago.

I tried to read the documentation but I couldn't understand about this paragraph: Note. By default, the 2 Thunderbolt ports enable only connecting up to 3 devices on each Thunderbolt port. If you really want to daisy-chain 6 devices off each port, you have to enable extra bandwidth in the BIOS. A consequence of enabling more bandwidth to the Thunderbolt ports is disabling the SATA-8 port and the eSATA at the back panel. However, this shouldn't be a problem for most of us. (See the Manual page 59 for the technical gobbly gook.)

The @Stork build was my inspiration for building this hackintosh many years ago.

I tried to read the documentation but I couldn't understand about this paragraph: Note. By default, the 2 Thunderbolt ports enable only connecting up to 3 devices on each Thunderbolt port. If you really want to daisy-chain 6 devices off each port, you have to enable extra bandwidth in the BIOS. A consequence of enabling more bandwidth to the Thunderbolt ports is disabling the SATA-8 port and the eSATA at the back panel. However, this shouldn't be a problem for most of us. (See the Manual page 59 for the technical gobbly gook.)

Excerpt from Thunderbolt settings in BIOS:

Setup Notes:
  • Set UEFI to Optimized Defaults
  • Set Peripherals > Thunderbolt to Security Level: Legacy Mode
  • Many more Thunderbolt options in UEFI- more testing needed

131227212810.jpg

131227212823.jpg

What is working:
  • All Thunderbolt devices appear in System Profiler as PCI Card > Expresscard when plugged at boot.
  • Both Thunderbolt ports work as Mini-DP Intel HD 4600 graphics ports with hotswap
  • Hotswapping devices doesn't freeze system, as it sometimes did with Thunderbolt 1.0, however menu is misidentified as Base System Peripheral:

Screen Shot 2014-01-01 at 9.43.24 AM.png

IMPORTANT NOTE: You may be required to boot into Windows and install Thunderbolt Firmware Drivers located here in order to initiate Thunderbolt functionality- more testing needed.

What is NOT working:

• Systemwide Native Thunderbolt recognition
  • Full reliable Eject/Hotswap support

If you boot in Windows first, then power on the 2626, then reboot in MacOS, does it work?

«
What is NOT working:
  • Full reliable Eject/Hotswap support »
From @tonymacx86 thread.

Check the Security settings (and other settings) in BIOS Thunderbolt section carefully.

Edit: sorry, Tonymac has a Z87 TB board…

Excerpt from Thunderbolt settings in BIOS:

Setup Notes:
  • Set UEFI to Optimized Defaults
  • Set Peripherals > Thunderbolt to Security Level: Legacy Mode
  • Many more Thunderbolt options in UEFI- more testing needed

131227212810.jpg

131227212823.jpg

What is working:
  • All Thunderbolt devices appear in System Profiler as PCI Card > Expresscard when plugged at boot.
  • Both Thunderbolt ports work as Mini-DP Intel HD 4600 graphics ports with hotswap
  • Hotswapping devices doesn't freeze system, as it sometimes did with Thunderbolt 1.0, however menu is misidentified as Base System Peripheral:

Screen Shot 2014-01-01 at 9.43.24 AM.png

IMPORTANT NOTE: You may be required to boot into Windows and install Thunderbolt Firmware Drivers located here in order to initiate Thunderbolt functionality- more testing needed.

What is NOT working:

• Full reliable Eject/Hotswap support
In my mother board BIOS, there are only this section

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2023-05-12 às 15.50.26.png
    Captura de Tela 2023-05-12 às 15.50.26.png
    153.7 KB · Views: 9
Back