9800GT
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm rebuilding my system with a new Haswell motherboard, so I'm trying to get a supported OS X version (I have 10.6.8 using iBoot Haswell). I'm running into the app store validation error, so I thought maybe I could use a friend's USB installer. He upgraded his Apple computers to Mavericks using the app store download, and gave me the thumb drive he used. I copied the "Install OS X Mavericks.app" from the /Utilities folder on the thumb drive to my /Applications directory, but using either UniBeast or the "installmedia" command line, it reports that it is not a valid OS X installer. Is there a way to convert the USB drive to work directly? It doesn't show up under the Chameleon boot menu from iBoot.

Well, I got the NullEthernet kext installed (had to recompile from source), which let me download Yosemite from the app store, so I'm doing that now.

Well, I got the NullEthernet kext installed (had to recompile from source), which let me download Yosemite from the app store, so I'm doing that now.

No need to compile it. There are pre-built kexts provided (see link in README).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back