Contribute
Register

USB Ports Mapping, USB 3.0 Asus P9X79pro Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
"IOPCIFamily.kext" is the standard Apple USB parent kext.

Your ASMedia ports are being recognised by macOS now, and we can see a device attached - Datatraveler. However it sounds as though they are not "mounting" on the desktop.

If you are still using Big Sur then you may be up against a built-in wall, a limit on the hardware being recognised and activated by macOS. Remember the X79 machines are very old now. We have to accept that macOS does not support all older hardware like Windows does.

Maybe a more modern, supported USB3 chipset in a PCIe card is now the way forward. (Or go with a older version of macOS/OS X).
Thank you.
Do you believe that this PCIe will work

Thank you.
Do you believe that this PCIe will work

Possibly not.

You need to look for one that specifies being "Mac" compatible. This is down to the chipset used. A good example is the Fresco Logic FL1100 chip which is usually specced as Mac compatible in the description. Worth zooming in on the photos.

No the USB PCIe card linked above will not work in macOS. It uses the NEC uPD720201 chipset, which is not supported in macOS.

I use these three USB3 PCIe cards in my Hacks.

The first two are ASMedia chipset cards. The eBay card is a Fresco Logic card, second hand.

All three worked out of the box with no input required.

No the USB PCIe card linked above will not work in macOS. It uses the NEC uPD720201 chipset, which is not supported in macOS.

I use these three USB3 PCIe cards in my Hacks.

The first two are ASMedia chipset cards. The eBay card is a Fresco Logic card, second hand.

All three worked out of the box with no input required.
Hi, thank you. I bought the Ulansen https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08H1TZPG7/?tag=tonymacx86-21
it works BUT, it makes the Fenvi T919 Wifi not working, Wifi can not be enabled/connected
I have already created a new SSDT-HPET, swapped PCIe slots and the same issue.

Not sure why the WiFi would stop working, the new USb card is only PCIe x1 so it shouldn't be a power draw issue.

If you remove the USB card, does the WiFi start working again, without any other fixes being required?

Do the USB ports on the new Ulansen card work?

Not sure why the WiFi would stop working, the new USb card is only PCIe x1 so it shouldn't be a power draw issue.

If you remove the USB card, does the WiFi start working again, without any other fixes being required?

Do the USB ports on the new Ulansen card work?
Yes, as soon I remove the USB 3.0 card wifi start working again without any other fixes.
Yes, the USB ports work well on the Ulansen card.

In the new thread you started about IRQ issues, have you confirmed which PCIe slots were being used by the cards in your system?

In the new thread you started about IRQ issues, have you confirmed which PCIe slots were being used by the cards in your system?
I do not know how to check this.
THis are the screenshots from SSDT time I captured from Windows when bulit the SSDT-HPET
FIX-HPET-SCreenshot.jpg

FIX-HPET-SCreenshot-2.jpg

System Report does not show any PCI card
Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-26 a la(s) 5.10.24 p. m..png

While trying to enable SMBus I runned GFX util
Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-26 a la(s) 4.55.27 p. m..png

Is there any command on Terminal to check the PCIe slots

You're needed to select 'C' to get the default IRQ patches and SSDT. When you add the SSDT-HPET.aml table to your setup, you need to make sure you add the two APCI patches that were created along with the SSDT. Without the patches the SSDT does nothing.

The SMBUS address for your system is PCI0.SMB

Hackintool is an easier way to see what is relevant on your system. Just expand the Hackintool > PCIe devices tab to show all the elements on display.

Example of fully expanded PCIe tab in Hackintool below. SMBus device highlighted.

Screenshot 2022-08-27 at 00.01.01.png

You're needed to select 'C' to get the default IRQ patches and SSDT. When you add the SSDT-HPET.aml table to your setup, you need to make sure you add the two APCI patches that were created along with the SSDT. Without the patches the SSDT does nothing.

The SMBUS address for your system is PCI0.SMB

Hackintool is an easier way to see what is relevant on your system. Just expand the Hackintool > PCIe devices tab to show all the elements on display.

Example of fully expanded PCIe tab in Hackintool below. SMBus device highlighted.

View attachment 553802
Yes, I did it.
Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-26 a la(s) 7.19.57 p. m..png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back