Contribute
Register

USB Ports Mapping, USB 3.0 Asus P9X79pro Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
One other thing about the image above in post #9. You have a number of USB devices listed, such as your Bluetooth device. This if connected to an Internal USB header port needs to be set with the Connector type 'Internal', not USB2.

Only physical USB2 ports with the black tang should be set with the connector type 'USB2'. You are aware that you can select the up/down arrows to change the connector type for any of the ports, yes?

Screenshot 2022-08-07 at 23.00.18.png
Up/down arrows highlighted, these are used to change the connector type, per port.

Screenshot 2022-08-07 at 23.14.58.png
Options available from the Up/Down arrows.

See HP11, do you even have a ExpressCard present in your system. Does it work in macOS (No) so should you remove it (Yes).

PR31 is still present in the list (I didn't mention it because I couldn't see it in the list), you need to delete this controller, as you have no ports available from it.

There may be something wrong with your UPS device (Back-UPS ES 750G FW:841.14...) as it is only connecting at USB1.0 speed (1.5Mbps). You may need to use a different port, or a different cable to get this working at USB1.1 (12Mbps) or USB2 speed (480 Mbps). If it should be working on one of the newer speeds, the manual says nothing other than to connect the USB port to your PC, which isn't really that helpful.

Thank you. Understood a little more.
Now in order to discover more USB 2.0, the two front case instead of being connected to the USB 3.0 in the Mobo I connected to one of three circled in this image. In the USB910 I have connected the Fenvi T919 for bluetooth, and in the USB1112 the 2 front panel
USB-board.png

I populated every USB A on the case and in the back with different devices
2 in the front, 6 in the back panel and 1 to the Fenvi that is connected internally
and the Hackintool shows now 11 active ports
Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-07 a la(s) 9.05.48 p. m..png

there is only 1 board connector USB 1314 with nothing plugged (I do not have another plug for this)
Maybe I can try to switch what I plugged into USB1112 to 1314 and see

Thank you !
I replied #12 without having seen your message #11
I have managed to activate 14 ports among them the internal USB Headers
HP21 and HP22 > USB910
HP23 and HP24 > USB1112 --- HP23 is set as Internal for the Fenvi Bluetooth
HP25 and HP26 > USB1314

The cable I temporarily connected those headers to the front panel it will be used for the USB 3.0
Should I set all the ports from HP21 till HP26 as “Internal” ?
Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-07 a la(s) 10.42.02 p. m..png

Last edited:
Yes all six ports should be set as internal, if you are using all six ports.

If you are only using HP23 from the second header then you don't need to include HP24, it can be deleted from the config.plist.

It is good that you have identified all six internal ports on the three USB2 headers. This is usually the item that plagues people the most, as having these ports set as USB2 causes all sorts of issues.

Yes all six ports should be set as internal, if you are using all six ports.

If you are only using HP23 from the second header then you don't need to include HP24, it can be deleted from the config.plist.

It is good that you have identified all six internal ports on the three USB2 headers. This is usually the item that plagues people the most, as having these ports set as USB2 causes all sorts of issues.
Thank you. From those headers I am only using the one for the Bluetooth —now the HP23— so I believe it is safe to delete the others: HP21,HP22, HP24, HP25 and HP26

Yes that is correct, if you don't need any of them.

HP23 needs to be set with Connector 'Internal'.

Yes that is correct, if you don't need any of them.

HP23 needs to be set with Connector 'Internal'.
Thank you. So here are my active USB 2.0 ports.
I changed the USB cable of the UPS but still shows the same 1.5Mbps
Hopefully we can now deal with the ASmedia USB 3.0?

Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-08 a la(s) 3.17.26 p. m..png

OK, so that is a good basis to work from.

What exactly happens when you plug a USB2 or USB3 device in to one of the ASMedia ports?
  1. Does the drive show on your desktop?
  2. Does it show in Disk Utility?
  3. Does it show in System Information > USB report?
  4. Does it show in IOReg?
If you open Hackintool and navigate to the PCIe tab, then click on the magnifying glass icon at the beginning of the line corresponding to the ASMedia USB device(s), does a Finder window open with a specific kext highlighted?

OK, so that is a good basis to work from.

What exactly happens when you plug a USB2 or USB3 device in to one of the ASMedia ports?
  1. Does the drive show on your desktop?
  2. Does it show in Disk Utility?
  3. Does it show in System Information > USB report?
  4. Does it show in IOReg?
If you open Hackintool and navigate to the PCIe tab, then click on the magnifying glass icon at the beginning of the line corresponding to the ASMedia USB device(s), does a Finder window open with a specific kext highlighted?
Great to hear back from you !
I did plug different pentdrives but they do not show in Desktop, nor in Disk Utility, nor System Information, neither i IOReg
On Hackingtool the PCIe ASMedia the finder takes me to the IOPCIFamily.kext
Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-08 a la(s) 6.12.56 p. m..png

Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-08 a la(s) 6.13.14 p. m..png

Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-08 a la(s) 6.13.59 p. m..png

Last edited:
OK, IOPCIFamily.kext is a good start, but not quite correct.

What we need is for the ASMedia controllers to attach to IOUSBHostFamily.kext > PlugIns > AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext. This kext contains the following IOKitPersonality which should enable your ASMedia USB ports.

Screenshot 2022-08-09 at 13.42.01.png

You need to add a helper kext to make this happen. That is add a kext with just an Info.plist, no executable, that points the ASMedia USB controllers to the right plugin/kext.

Try adding the ASMedia-1042.kext attached below to your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder and a companion entry in your config.plist.

The ASMedia Vendor ID 0x1B21 in the helper kext should match and be identified with the IOPCIPrimaryMatch in the plugin kext.

See if this helps.

Attachments

• ASMedia-1042.kext.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 39
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back