Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I followed the instructions for port mapping at:
but to no avail.
  • I figured out which ports I need (HS/SS1,2,5,6,9,10 and HS13,14).
  • I selected and deleted the rest in Hackintool, so that only the 14 I wanted were showing.
  • I hit "export" to create USBPorts.kext
  • I copied that file into /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/USBPorts.kext (and removed USBInjectAll.kext)
  • Rebooted.
But 7 of the ports that I deleted still show up in the list, making the ones at the bottom (i.e., almost all my USB 3.0 ports) not work, as shown in the photo below:

Screen Shot 2022-03-30 at Mar 30, 2022  11.11.16 PM.png

I have attached my USBPorts.kext.

What am I missing? Am I supposed to put the USBPorts.kext somewhere else? The only other kext I have these days is FakeSMC.kext.

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 65
I followed the instructions for port mapping at:
but to no avail.
  • I figured out which ports I need (HS/SS1,2,5,6,9,10 and HS13,14).
  • I selected and deleted the rest in Hackintool, so that only the 14 I wanted were showing.
  • I hit "export" to create USBPorts.kext
  • I copied that file into /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/USBPorts.kext (and removed USBInjectAll.kext)
  • Rebooted.
But 7 of the ports that I deleted still show up in the list, making the ones at the bottom (i.e., almost all my USB 3.0 ports) not work, as shown in the photo below:

View attachment 545179
I have attached my USBPorts.kext.

What am I missing? Am I supposed to put the USBPorts.kext somewhere else? The only other kext I have these days is FakeSMC.kext.

Hi there.

Several things to point-out with this USBPorts.kext ...

1) You do not state which version macOS you are using.

2) Are you using Clover or OpenCore boot-loader?

3) You do not state which system-definition you are using.

4) You do not state which model Gigabyte Z170 you are using.

5) You seem to have too many ports set as "Internal". A good number of those you list will be back-panel ports.

6) Any USB2 port that is also a USB3 port will have the same UsbConnector type.

7) Remember when you make changes to the ports and re-load Hackintool, to press the "Broom" icon to clear the screen and the "Refresh" icon, circular-arrows.

:)

Thanks for the reply. One time I specified lots of things in a post and got scolded for that, so I never know quite what to include. I'm running Mojave (10.14.6), using Clover, using System definition "iMac14,2", and motherboard "Gigabyte LGA 1151 Z170 2-Way SLI UEFI DualBIOS GA-Z170XP-SLI."

I think I got it now. I'll attach my updated USBPorts.kext in case anyone else with the same motherboard needs it.

I initially added the USBInjectAll.kext while I discovered the ports. I never understood how to follow the instructions to remove port limits (I couldn't see where to type those hex thingies). I tried checking the remove port limits box in MultiBeast, and maybe that worked, maybe not. This left me wondering how to re-enable port limits, since I heard there could be problems if I don't? (Not sure if port limits are enabled currently or not. Only saw 15 ports in Hackintool).

Thanks again for the response.

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 61
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back