CPU
Intel i7-9700F
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX 570 8 GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I finally managed to install Big Sur but I still have two important issues.
1) When I logged in Big Sur for the first time, USB ports were working but now not anymore, since my second log in. My keyboard and mouse don't have any problems but if I connect a USB drive I can't see it in the finder (I checked all the USB ports). This precludes me from making backups.
2) Suddenly the computer reboots, without any warning

How can I solve the problem?

Thanks in advance

This is my EFI folder (I have only cleaned my serial number).

Attachments

• EFI .zip
    85.9 MB · Views: 86
update: actually the USB ports work but they don't work only if I plug in a usb disk. My keyboard works as well as my mouse and if I connect my iPhone it is visible too in the Finder. In short, they do not work only if I insert a usb disk ...

update: actually the USB ports work but they don't work only if I plug in a usb disk. My keyboard works as well as my mouse and if I connect my iPhone it is visible too in the Finder. In short, they do not work only if I insert a usb disk ...
You are still using USBinjectAll, map your USB ports and see if that fixes your issues.

map your USB ports
Thanks for your tip, but I don't know how to do it...Please could you explain me like I was a child? Tanks a lot

Thanks for your tip, but I don't know how to do it...Please could you explain me like I was a child? Tanks a lot
I couldn’t explain it any better than the guide I linked, it can be a bit daunting at 1st but I would just keep reading it and have a go.

I couldn’t explain it any better than the guide I linked, it can be a bit daunting at 1st but I would just keep reading it and have a go.
thinking over...in the web page you linked to me, they talk about 15 port limit: actually all my USB ports are working (I also tried on Windows to verify that there were no hardware problems) with everything except with usb disks. This is the oddity

thinking over...in the web page you linked to me, they talk about 15 port limit: actually all my USB ports are working (I also tried on Windows to verify that there were no hardware problems) with everything except with usb disks. This is the oddity

For the motherboard in your profile, you only have 14-ports in total, so don't worry about the 15-limit, but explore the power-delivery instead. That is likely why your external USB drives are not recognised, or it might be because the port is USB2-only and you plug in a USB3, and vice versa.

Recommend you use Hackintool to check each port and make sure its is set to the correct UsbConnector type. This will ensure each port is fully active. When you export the configuration files you will also get a power-delivery SSDT to use along with either the USBPorts.kext or SSDT-UIAC.aml.

:)

For the motherboard in your profile, you only have 14-ports in total, so don't worry about the 15-limit, but explore the power-delivery instead. That is likely why your external USB drives are not recognised, or it might be because the port is USB2-only and you plug in a USB3, and vice versa.

Recommend you use Hackintool to check each port and make sure its is set to the correct UsbConnector type. This will ensure each port is fully active. When you export the configuration files you will also get a power-delivery SSDT to use along with either the USBPorts.kext or SSDT-UIAC.aml.

I'll try... It will be a school for my poor English and my, even minor, computer skills, but I'll try. Thank you so much

First of all, before trying my hand at reading your guide, I did a simple test: I tried to insert old 2.0 USB flash drives and these are recognized and read in the finder! My MB doesn't have USB2.0 ports but, in Big Sur, they all work as 2.0! At this point do I have to proceed with reading your guide or is there a faster solution?

First of all, before trying my hand at reading your guide, I did a simple test: I tried to insert old 2.0 USB flash drives and these are recognized and read in the finder! My MB doesn't have USB2.0 ports but, in Big Sur, they all work as 2.0! At this point do I have to proceed with reading your guide or is there a faster solution?
you should still follow the guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back